January 2023 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Many boxes of my stepmother’s painting to deal with in that room. We already have 7 of her painting up in the house.
Wow! Impressive.

This time last year, I told myself that if I don't use certain craft supplies by this January, it was time for it to go. Well, I didn't use them. I filled up a trash bag of pillow stuffing and "snow" that's used for setting a winter scene for Christmas villages, etc. Dds decluttered the game closet and the game shelves to ones they like.

• Love
Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've posted in the chit/chat thread about my 2022 declutter list that is up on my blog. I have been decluttering for a few years and I never thought I could get rid of so many things in 2022. It is motivating me to do the same in 2023.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, just looked at your blog, you decluttered so much!! Well done.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
8 more boxes out the door and one big suitcase filled with fabric plus a big tablecloth. If Dh doesn’t go soon I may have more. I keep seeing items in the house to declutter.
Is your spirit getting lighter with each box? Great job! Spring is coming and you don't want to be inside sorting. You got this!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Is your spirit getting lighter with each box? Great job! Spring is coming and you don't want to be inside sorting. You got this!
Lighter and stronger! If I keep this up people might not be able to sit still for long at my house or I will box them up to the thrift store.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
1 pair of socks

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Nespresso Milk Foamer/Frother (don't need it now my latte machine does it), six pairs underwear (you know when you buy a pack of assorted colors, there's always a white pair? I've been shoving them to the back of the drawer, they are still rolled and taped so I'm sure they will take them), promo water bottle (Vic picked it up somewhere, it's still brand new), Pioneer Woman jeans (never worn, didn't like the slip-on style), over the door plastic hanger for wreath, 22 lacy crocheted doilies, four garden flags (two Home Sweet Home, two Valentine's Day, never opened), four Starbucks ceramic travel cups (we used them once, didn't keep the coffee hot at all), small Christmas melamine plate, four plastic popcorn boxes (used them for a gift idea at Christmas but Vic and Sophia were meh so I won't use them again), hole punch, four plastic poinsettia glasses and two plastic Christmas tablecloths (white elephant gifts I won't use and my next holiday white elephant will be with the same people so can't really re-gift), seven miscellaneous greeting cards, two plastic storage cases full of Scrabble tiles for crafting (I'm sure some of you will remember those from past MHH ornament swaps ;)), and umpteen chargers that I was going to use to set a fancy dinner table and just completely lost enthusiasm for that idea! Vic donated a small brand-new tool bag, I told you he hates to part with things!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Bought some kitchen items back from the farm and will donate them to the church.
They have released their roster for the year and the first market day will be February and they will be concentrating on kitchen items. A good chance to tidy the kitchen and t rid of all those unused gadgets etc.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Papers from Halloween notebook + some Halloween patterns (still have a box of Halloween patterns).
Papers from work desk
3 old pens
2 baby sppons
More Papers from file cabinet
1 toaster
2 cardboad boxes that I had kept for crafts
Will be given to my niece: 6 pillowcases, sticky notepad of New York, 1 frame, 1 set of fairy lights, 1 bag of pastel crayons, 1 beautiful jar, 1 wood canvas

3 small metal buckts brand new to put crayons will be given to ddil for the grandkids

Last edited:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
4 tubes of Mary Kay foundation that are expired into the trash - from when I used to actually sell to the public...haven't in years! Why did I keep them to start with?!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got so much out of the craftroom today. Shredded old DrillDance papers (still have more to go), went through all of my planner and craft stickers and got rid of loads as well as a lot of scrap booking paper. I don't scrapbook so I don't know why I have it. Donated a pile of greeting cards that I will never use and emptied 3 drawers full of candle holders/jigsaw puzzles that I was going to put under the charity tree for Christmas but will now donate to the church. I have heaps to go but it was a good start.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Awhile ago I cleaned out the name tag box. Threw alot of wrappers away that were left in there. I DID NOT BUY any this year!!! Or Christmas cards. I love name tags and have enough to last till after I am gone. And with Christmas cards I have PLENTY!!!! There are name tags I brought before we had kids (38 years ago)! That was when all were cardboard before the stick on ones. LOL!