January 2023 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Weed wacker, two decorative boxes, three red plastic buckets (bought them to hold utensils at a party then remembered I had utensil holder!), and Sizzix case with three alphabets and a baby die cut set. Also donated six large unopened bags of chips to the food bank (bought them for a Christmas game that we didn't end up playing).

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Trash - stack of catalogs, church lesson manual, broken laundry basket, set of dh’s sheets, and a large trash bag filled with grocery bags (why do I save those things?). To be donated - 2 pairs of unworn socks added to a box of more Dh unworn socks..

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My closet is about 3/4 done. I have 1 1/2 sacks to go to Goodwill so far. Lots of tops, comfy pants, throw, 2 twin electric blankets (No controls with them) 2 purses, and had 4 pairs of curtains in sack but took 3 out for garage (need new ones in there--don't know where these came from). More will be going in.

Got about 1/2 to 3/4 bag of trash out of closet. Old jeans and ratty shirts.

Threw out several socks. Once a basket turned over in there and socks got forgotten about so I am sure their other match is gone cuz we pitched ALOT awhile back.

A sack of Christmas books --I was going to take but when looking at them (few on top) will have to see if I read them all are not first.

Have a decon bench thingy in there that was my hope chest I got when a junior or senior. I think I will paint it and start putting stuff in it for Teigan!

Wanna put a closet system in but shall see.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Continuing work in my craft room....oi

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
4 1/2 pairs of shoes into trash tonight. Can only find 1 of 1 pair. Must of went at another time?!?!? Unless it appears yet.

Like some have said or have experienced ....... it is like a game to see what you can find to go or how many sacks you can fill!!!! I don't have to look very hard cuz I have plenty to go yet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have sooo many candles here and I got a bunch more for Christmas. I have been burning 1 each day this week in order to reduce the numbers. Not traditional decluttering but they are "out of the house" so I will take it as a win.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So far I have taken 64 boxes out, 3 suitcases filled with fabric, 6 large trash bags of clothes and 15 sweaters that just came back from the dry cleaners. I have one box of Christmas ornaments to sell this fall. 6 boxes of Princess house glasses and plates to put on the garage sale site.

Next up to go is a bedroom set (bed frame plus headboard and footboard with two dressers and mirror), a dresser that also pulls out to be a long dinning room table, a glass hanging light fixture and two old wooden chandeliers. There is a ‘picker’ who advertises on the garage sale site. I realized he has been here to pick up some lamps and an old stereo a few months ago. I will give him a call about the furniture and light fixtures. He is into retro/vintage item so they are right up his alley. The bedroom set is the same age as I am. My aunt bought it from the store her dad worked at making furniture when she got married which was two months before I was born. When they got a king size bed they move the set into my room and when my aunt died it moved into my house as my bed again. I have enjoyed it and now it can move on.

There is still stuff to move out so I will be “boxing” as I am now calling it tomorrow and for as long as it takes to clear the house. Might change my word to clear instead of clean.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Diedra, WOW! That is alot! The furniture sounds really nice. Hope the guy will take it so you are done with it.

I saw a thing where when your candles get down to low to burn ( they used a hair dryer and then the dryer gun to melt it) they poured the wax into silicone trays and then when harder used the pieces in the warmer. Depends how much candle you really wanna use!

Found other shoe it missed the sack!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I saw a thing where when your candles get down to low to burn ( they used a hair dryer and then the dryer gun to melt it) they poured the wax into silicone trays and then when harder used the pieces in the warmer. Depends how much candle you really wanna use!
What a great idea. This would be good for some of the nicer Yankee Candle type of wax. The ones I am burning now have hardly any scent at all. I am going to save this idea to my weekly wonders so I can find it when I need it.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I broke down some of the empty boxes and empied my five for the day. Took off all the ornaments off the tree and packed them away. Tree will come down soon, Santa will get wrapped in plastic for his long nap until next year.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
What a great idea. This would be good for some of the nicer Yankee Candle type of wax. The ones I am burning now have hardly any scent at all. I am going to save this idea to my weekly wonders so I can find it when I need it.
Fire starters can be made using wax and dryer lint. Save paper eggs crates. Pack the dryer lint into the egg holes in the crate. Melt the wax and pour it over the lint. Use it in the grill or for campfires, etc.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
A sweatshirt and a t-shirt

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have about 5 pieces of clothing in a sack for Goodwill and 1 book. I have 5 puzzles out to take to my sister. Allen will deliver about 29 boxes of cookies tomorrow (Girl Scout) and he will run by Goodwill and puzzles to Kim when he takes her cookies.

6 new 12 month white 1 pieces will go to my other sister when I take her and moms cookies by.

Went thru the sack of books but will keep them for now. Several I have not read.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
For the last week, I decluttered every drawer and cabinet in the the kitchen. The 32 gallon outdoor trashcan was filled with tossed items. I decluttered the pantry shelves and the dining room China closet and buffet as well. I filled the trunk with donations [including the games and craft supplies from earlier in the month] and got them dropped off. The kitchen shelves, drawers, and pantry shelves have been reorganized so that I can see everything when I open the door or drawer. I added more stackable shelves to make use of the extra space on the top shelves.

I am currently going through paperwork that I would do "someday." Well, someday is here. I couldn't find an important document that should have been easy enough to locate. It took me two days of going through paperwork before finding it. :mad: I don't think I filed anything other than medical papers and bills since 2020. :rolleyes: I have at least 4 large gift bags filled with paper that I need to process. This is going to be a mulit-week project.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I de-cluttered when I moved. Specially, Tupperware with no lids . I still had a couple things that I got rid of when I unpacked that I should’ve done before but I’m good for now because my house is bigger. Doesn’t mean that I need more stuff as my daughter tells me ha ha.. sometimes I have a weakness when things are on sale whether I really need them or not but I’ve done very good this year so far. I did donate a lot of clothes that I didn’t need or want anymore.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Fire starters can be made using wax and dryer lint. Save paper eggs crates. Pack the dryer lint into the egg holes in the crate. Melt the wax and pour it over the lint. Use it in the grill or for campfires, etc.
Another fabulous idea. I have egg cartons, lint and wax so I can do this! TFS

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just went through the plastics cupboard. Thankfully it just needed a tidy up as I threw out a lot of things when I did a major declutter last year. Did toss 1 disposable container and 4 lids. I am loving the minimalist look of that cupboard now, makes it sooo much easier to find things.