January 2023 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Let's make 2023 the year we really get stuff DONE!!!!

While sorting laundry this a.m. I threw away 1 towel and 2 shirts. Oops and a pair of underwear!

Going to sister's for dinner so taking her a few of Aunt Imogene's things. Getting ready to go thru box now so will see what leaves at this time.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DH and I went through ALL the kitchen cabinets and pantry to rearrange and declutter.

Odds and Ends pile to toss/donate ... baking sheets, old Tupperware, travel mugs, Tupperware bowls, kitchen towels/dishcloths, plastic storage containers, etc.

We will go through the file cabinet to clear out files. We also are thinking of decluttering/organizing the back bedroom's closet (It was DD30's room, now just storage room/guest bedroom).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary,
I also do a quick room tidy up in the first 4 weeks of January (and again in June) These 4 rooms are the ones mainly used.

Week 1 Bathrooms
Week 2 Loungeroom
Week 3 My bedroom
Week 4 Kitchen.

This is not a deep clean just a focus to get things sorted after Christmas.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
DH, DS, and I cleaned out the spare room (it was DD30's room). DS had extra computers and parts and wires, we had totes, containers, decor .... I have a NICE pile to donate! Yay! We swept, dusted, and organized. DD is coming home mid January for a visit, so now it's ready!! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
brought back a serving tray and cassolettes from mom's - brand new and very nice but I DO NOT have the space for it. ddil wanted them so it was an in-and-out.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Some extremely small pieces of yarn from my stash, several 2022 calendars, craft projects that didn't work out and ruined table cloths that I will NOT repurpose.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I decluttered my old wallet yesterday so I could use my new one and got rid of a few cards & receipts.
I have the hardest time find a good (for me) wallet. Glad you have one you like!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We have lots going out but most of it was things packed from stepmom’s house. Boxes and boxes of photos. Beautiful family wedding photos that she never took out of of the wrappers. She did tell Dh that no one in the family wanted them. Makes me realize I can toss a lot of my photos too. I have a few more boxes to unpack from this move and then I will start on the basement items. Dh started putting some items on Marketplace but now has stopped. Funny because both of my items he put on there were taken and picked up in less than 24 hours. One guy drove an hour and half here to get a vintage ship light I let go. Had been my aunts but no one in the family wanted it. After moving out stepmom’s apartment I am looking to things very differently. Next my aunts bedroom furniture is going. I grew up with it in my bedroom and she had bought it when she married (1951). So I was attached but no one in our family has a reason to want it. It feels good to let it go to people who will love it.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am watching The Minimal Mom de-clutter the house video. I am watching, pausing, going to do that room, coming back to watch more.

When I did my clothes, I have a nice pile to donate!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Makes me realize I can toss a lot of my photos too.
Diedra - Might want to have Legacy Box or some similar service to put your photos on CD's and/or the cloud and then toss the originals. I did this a few years ago and was able to toss a lot of stuff.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Diedra - Might want to have Legacy Box or some similar service to put your photos on CD's and/or the cloud and then toss the originals. I did this a few years ago and was able to toss a lot of stuff.
People really do not seem to want a lot of photos. My DS wants no more photos. DD has many albums of photos. I have lots of photos attached to my online family trees. My nieces and nephews are not interested so out they go.