January 8th-14th 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome to the first real "normal" week of 2023. It usually takes me a while to get back into a routine but this year I have hit my stride fairly quickly and am relatively back on track. I am still making notes from Christmas and popping them into the planner as a reminder. It is still quiet here, a cooler than usual Summer so a good time to get things done. Hoping that all that are following along have a great week and manage to get some great things accomplished.

Daily:
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise, brush teeth, Lip balm, hand cream
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time

Weekly:
*washing (X) (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X) (X)
*meal planning (X)
*general tidy up (X)
*clean fridge/freezers (X)
*tidy pantry/stockpile ( )
*make work lunches (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Quarterly/Seasonal Goals:
December, January and February.

*Set savings goals for the year (X) Have set a first goal and hope to hit it by end of February, to be revised as the year progresses
*Baking day, try a new recipe and an old favourite. ( )
*Organise Australia Day bbq (X) Celebrate Australia Day ( )
*Tidy photo trunk ( )
*Tidy loungeroom ( )
*Tidy bedroom (X)
*Tidy bathrooms (X)
*Tidy kitchen ( )
*Target savings in bank ( )
*Review word of the year ( )
*At least one no spend week per month (X)( )( )

Fun/Christmas prep:
*tidy gift closet (X)
*update planner (X)
*do something that is just for me ( )
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) Look for ideas for 2023, I need to make time for crafting more.
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10. I have read 2
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies (X) My challenge for 2023 is to do great stockings, useful and interesting items.

This week:

*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Happy birthday wishes to friend Tuesday (X)
*Call hairdresser Tuesday (X)
*Bottles/cans to depot (X)
*Cancel trashpack (X) Via email
*Grocery shopping with Mum Thursday (X)
*Books to Library Thursday (X)
*Work Friday ( )

5 small chores:
*Finish birthday costume (X)
*Write resume (X)
*Write meal plan/grocery list (X)
*Tidy desk drawers (X)
*Deep clean bathrooms (X)
*Do something fun for me (X) spent an afternoon reading my book.

Word of the Year 2023: Progress

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm also adding something to do each week from a section of my 2023 goals. I started to work on them the first week of January. I think incorporating them as part of my weekly to do will help me along the way. Getting back to a regular exercise routine after being out of commission for 6 weeks is the first success of the year. I already feel better and healthier with daily exercise.
  • Pay bills
  • Correspondence
  • Appts: Wednesday morning, Thursday afternoon, Thursday evening
  • Weekly Cleaning: Vacuum, Dust, Mop, Empty trash cans, Bathrooms
  • Monthly Cleaning: Kitchen
  • Laundry
  • Menu Plan
  • Declutter: Dining Room and whaterver else I can.
Goals:
  • "Face the Fear. Confess the Fear. Move through the Fear with God so that fear doesn't own you but you have authority over it in perfect peace. Do this first, before you ask what to do. Otherwise you won't think with your whole mind; you'll think out of fear." - Jamie Winship
  • Autobiographical Questions: How did your relatives prepare you for school? What defines your most important choice in life?
  • Do one craft from craft box.
  • Read, exercise, journal, listen daily.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, you have set some very interesting goals for this week.
I often let fears and anxieties rule me, I will be following how you are addressing your fears.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Mary - this is my favorite fear quote - from Dune:

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”​

― Frank Herbert, Dune

I shorten it and mainly say "Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear."

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
One fear I was able to name is that I will be denied a passport based on my identity.. On one hand the fear seems silly but on the other hand, it isn't. The week that COVID hit my area in March 2020, I was denied a real ID based even though there is a paper trail and I brought the correct, legal, and original documents. It really messed with me and my identity for almost three years. I am facing my fear this week! :) I will be taking our youngest who is under 16 to get her passport first. Then I will go shortly after her. Dh needs to be there with me to give our joint permission for dd's passport. If time permits, he will stay with me for moral support.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Fears and anxieties are often illogical. I can have a whole scenario in my head of what I think may happen when the reality is often less than.
I lay awake worried about all sorts of things and when I verbalise them and hear them they really sound trivial to my ears but not my mind.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I very seldom worry, get fearful (unless speaking in front of a large group, then you could ask me my name and I would stumble over it, lol) or have anxiety. I heard one time to ask yourself What difference will it make in 5 years/10 years or 50 years. If your choice will not make much difference it isn’t something to worry about or get anxiety over. I also figure I can prepare for the worst and then anything better will be a good thing. Also if i find I am on the wrong road (in traffic or life) I have many other roads to try. Just turn around, turn left or right or keep going for the adventure. Your true friends (actual friends or family) will love you no matter what. I learned to laugh at myself and have corrected mistakes. I am a much better person for it.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Mary - this is my favorite fear quote - from Dune:

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”​

― Frank Herbert, Dune

I shorten it and mainly say "Fear is the mind-killer... I will face my fear."
I am going to share this with my DS19 ... thank you.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul