January Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay.....since the Declutter Club is new....we are going to play around with it a bit until we see what works best....

Here's the IDEA for January

THREE January Goals/Objectives

1. Participate EVERY Monday in Move It Out Monday. This is getting rid of a box or bag of something...clothes, books, old toys, OR one bigger piece of furniture...a dresser, chair etc. You can either put it in the trash or donate it....but it has to MOVE OUT of your house.

2. Pick a Room (or focus area)to declutter.....this will help facilitate.#1 as you will be getting rid of stuff in this room. The goal is to have the room or area decluttered by the end of the month. Some rooms Iwill need to do focus areas NOT the whole room because it is that BIG of a mess. LOL

3. Mini Focus: Okay the thrid goal is for all you over achievers....and that is to pick a mini area to declutter in addition to the room or focus area....This mini area can be a single drawer, one cabinet, a shelf, book case or any other area that needs a bit of declutter energy applied to it!

IDEALLY...it would be GREAT to meet all three goals....but even if you just meet one or two of them you will be making progress.....

OKAY time to make the pledge....I'll post mine.....

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I pledge to declutter in January...I am tired of the energy that clutter draws from me. I am tired of never being able to find anything and wasting money buying it again because I can't locate it. I will keep the things that I LOVE and those that are USEFUL.... All other things will be eliminated.

Every Monday I will do MOVE IT OUT....faithfully and consistently...bag by bag and box by box...I will make a difference.

My focus area will be the basement....it is a big area so I will only plan on doing half of it in January. It is BAD...really BAD....and along with it there are Christmas totes to look into. I promise that I will pack away Christmas in an organized manner and will declutter decor as I do!

My Mini-area will be my jewelry box. I promise to declutter and pitch things that no longer suit me. I will use my new earring organizer and not randomly take off earrings and leave them on my desk, the dresser or the kitchen table!!

YOUR TURN.......

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I make the same pledge as Gingerbug, to follow the three goals and objectives.

My focus area will be the guest room. I need to clean out the dressers and get all of the Christmas stuff that is out, organized and eliminate the things I just hang onto. My mini area will be the nightstand. It was a collection area for a lot of DHs stuff when we had our room up there.

Good luck Gingerbug and all else who join in, in this project.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I pledge to declutter in January. Every Monday I will do the Move It Out!!

My focus will be my closet and dresser. Getting rid of the clothes that I hang on too for various reasons.

My mini focus will be setting up and organizing my jewelry. Especially since DH got me a beautiful Jewelry Armoire.

Thanks for this motivation Gingerbug.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I pledge to declutter in January.

I will move it out on Monday. (I alway liked the 5 days of the weeks with the titles you did Gingerbug. Wrote down in my room---if I could only find it!!!)

The focus area for me will be my bedroom. All of it!

Mini focus will be in my room too, with the drawers and linen closet.

Reward your self if you finish all 3.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I pledge to jump on the declutter bandwagon in January and will be dragging DH with me.

My focus area will be the office but it might take two months to do it right.

My mini focus area will be my work table in the kitchen.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I also pledge to declutter in January, and MOVE IT OUT each Monday.

My focus area will be the master bedroom. My mini focus area will be the computer desk.

Good Luck everyone!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
For January my focus area will be my bedroom. I need to completely overhaul the room and remove all the clutter, put away misc. clothing that is lurking, sort the paperwork and general stuff that is spread on every surface.

My mini focus will be the closet. I need to go through my clothes again and get rid of things that don't fit. I also need to organize

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Since I am planning on cleaning/redoing a room a week, each week will have a different pile to move out on Monday, and I will have to have a mini-pile for that room also! I am hoping I am not being overly ambitious!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I pledge to declutter in January, my focus will be the computer room.
My mini focus will be on the file cabinets.
Move it out Monday will be on the agenda also.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I pledge to declutter in January.
My main focus will be my bedroom.
My mini focus will be my wardrobe. I throw everything in there and close the door. It must be clean!!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Blue Christmas, Welcome to the declutter club. So glad that you are along with us.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I also take the pledge! For January I will focus on my sewing room/office. It may take two months, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Move It Out Monday is perfect! I have to leave in the AM for my quilting group. I can pass the Salvation Army Thrift Store, as well as the Habitat for Humanity Thrift Store, on my way! I'll load my car up on Sunday night. Isn't this exciting? I hope it's this exciting in July!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Blue Christmas WELCOME.....and all others too! We are going to make a difference in our homes...one declutter project at a time!!!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Welcome BlueChristmas...we can use all the support for each other that we can get!!!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Nice!

January:

On the list to move out... stack of college textbooks, old computer monitor, bag of clothes waiting to go to thrift shop.

Room... nursery (mostly the dresser drawers as everything else is decluttered).

Mini... linen closet next to nursery.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I plan to declutter a little bit every day-- even just for 5 minutes. I have started a box for donations in my office and when it is full I will call my local charity to come and get it. I will likely be in the hospital for the second half of January so I am giving myself mini tasks each day until I am admitted. Will have to jump back on board in February.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
1. I will Participate EVERY Monday in Move It Out Monday. :)

2. Space to declutter..... basement storage is my January focus.

3. Mini Focus: My mini focus will be to take an inventory of what is in each decluttered box, and label.

Blue Christmas

Retire Member
Dec 22, 2010
Thanks for welcoming me!

I pledge to declutter!
Currently I am working on the closet.
In January, I will focus on the family room.