January Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Lana - The desk looks much better - not complete yet but probably more than 50% there. I have to pick up some file folders and label some things. I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow.

Brittany - Good job on the baby clothes. I would imagine that it's tempting to keep all those sweet little things!

Pippi - Your never late! Any time is a good time to get started.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have one small area on my floor yet and my bedroom/bathroom vanity/linen closet will be done. So hoping to do it tonight so I can accomplish the January goal!!!

I am moving out old books that I had from the Beth Moore study at church. They are good but never really look at them since I did them.

Have a couple stacks of stuff that is for Jaymee when she goes if she wants it. Will show her later.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I guess I better get busy today working on my bedroom. I'm such a procrastinator. :)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Jessica - I am too! My desk (mini focus area) is still not done but I did waste a lot of time on Friday and Saturday looking for some pretty file folders! I did not touch the office this month which was the main focus area. I can't do it by myself and could not get DH or the boys engaged so maybe February will be a better month for that.

Congratulations on everyone who accomplished a lot or even a little! One step at a time and any progress is forward progress! On to February!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Do not worry if you didn't get much done. Just do one thing a day. Messy areas got that way one thing at a time and can be cleaned up the same way. The key is to do something. Do not think of it as doing the whole job at once.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Excellent points Ahorsesoul and ones I need to remind myself of all the time. Thanks for sharing your wise words!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
the Fly lady will work w/ a small number often when decluttering a space/hot spot or what ever. It's 5 I think. so try to look at the space and find 5 things to trash/put away/recycle... often working in small batches like that or like she and others here do small burst of time. Set the timmer for 15 min and work continually in that area for that time then take a break.

While I may be full of suggestions I am not always good at taking my own advice thought ;)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I finally found 'cute' file folders for my desk in the kitchen so now I have no excuse whatsoever for not finishing the desk. :0)

Suppose I ought to get to it before February rolls in!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
okay...I wasn't going to do anything, but while I'm sitting at my desk watching the Bachelor, I'm going to toss a few things.