January Family Breakfast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
~ Sunday Brunch Menu~
Sausage & Cheese Quiche
Hashbrown Casserole
Apple Crisp
Butter Pound Cake
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
Fresh Fruit
Orange Juice
Hot Cocoa & Milk

We had such a wonderful time this past Sunday, we were all able to get togehter except for one SIL, niece and nephew. It was so cold out though...I started a fire in the pit outside so that if the kids did decide to ride the go cart or four wheeler they could warm up. Breakfast was wonderful, I made the best hash brown casserole ever, I posted the recipe on my blog. The difference was substituting cream of potato for chicken. We laughed and had such a wonderful time. The adults talked about how important these times were for our children, especially as our families grow larger and we find it harder to come together at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is one of the best things I ever done and sticking to it even when half of them didn't show up has really paid off. DH and I even discussed how expensive it can be, but that it is worth the investment.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sounds like a nice time for all. The breakfasts will be a GREAT memory maker. Maybe every once in awhile put out a hat! LOL! I am sure all enjoy coming and the food they love to eat and they don't have to mess with it so they would give.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Sounds like a wonderful time Belles! DH and I had discussed doing the same thing, but he didn't want to get "stuck" with paying for everything every month. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I've always made my hashbrown casserole with cream of chicken...just picks up the flavor a notch, huh?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow. Sounds yummy!

Yes, perhaps make a list: some bring casseroles, some sweet desserts, some drinks! That's what we do at a mom's meeting I attend monthly ... one brings a salty, one brings a sweet and one brings drinks!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Couldn't agree more, Belles. I always do everything too. I've found $20 bills in my purse and on the kitchen counter after everyone leaves...various family members' contributions. And, my mom and my brother on separate occasions have bought the meat-but they give me the money in advance and i buy it! LOL...not that I'm controlling or anything...but..