January fireplace / hearth decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm looking for ideas for my hearth for January. It is too early for Valentine's Day or Spring and I don't want it to look all dead and boring after I take the holiday lights off of it. What are you doing with your hearth? I'm pondering a ski theme maybe. Not excited about it though.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I'm thinking lanterns with candles and some greenery with snow crystals and red berries...kind of lodge-like, but warm and wintry.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Lisa, I like that idea. I also like Cindy's ideas of a ski theme.

I don't have a mantel, but in a side table, I have a vintage looking pitcher with carved deer along with some greenery. I'm always torn about what to put after Christmas...too early for spring IMO.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lisa love that idea! I too have to figure out what to put up there... hmmm....

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Thanks girls! It is definitely too early for spring! I will change it to a love theme in February.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh Lisa, I like that idea too! Been looking at tall Paul Revere style lanterns on Pinterest and will keep an eye out for those in the after-Christmas sales this afternoon. Contemplating a tall clear vase filled with snow covered pinecones too. Maybe we some spray snow on them. Maybe I could get a white theme going of some sort. What kind of snow crystals?