January Hippity Hoppity Day 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

holidaynut

Premiere Member
Dec 6, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
We are getting yet another winter storm here, expecting 30-50 cms starting this evening into tomorrow!!! So much snow since Christmas Eve!!!!

Plans for today are:

-Dig out my Easter notebook
-Print off six week calendar for Easter countdown
-Write down some craft ideas for my grandkids
-Make some cookies (Oreo Balls)

Anyone else doing any Easter planning today?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Not yet... Still squeezing the last of the Christmas season out here. However, as I add dates to the 2020 kitchen calendar from the online calendar, I see that it will be a busy season. Confirmation, track, prom and the school play will be happening in the weeks leading up to Easter.

I have never kept an Easter notebook. What do you keep in your notebook?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I have done very minimal planning at this point - have an idea for Easter class treat, and small gifts for teachers, aides, etc.

It's so funny you mention Oreo Balls, holidaynut! I just came across a pin for them the other day and I added them to my planned baking list for Christmas 2020 - I haven't made Oreo Balls in donkey's YEARS!!! :D

I have a few toys purchased during Christmas sales that will go in Easter Basket - need to look around upstairs and make sure I have a nice big basket to use still - so many got used for gift baskets already!

Yesterday I made sure to pull out the Easter totes so that they are easy to hand - was putting away Christmas so everything was torn apart anyway!

I also need to repair/recreate my Easter wreath - it fell and broke last year and it's so adorable I have to redo it! I should have all the supplies!

I also need to brainstorm Easter egg filler ideas for this year!

I don't have a binder for Easter but here are the sections on my planning document I do every year:

- Outfits
- Food
- Easter Basket
- Easter Egg Fillers
- Class Treat
- Teacher/Aide Gifts
- Hostess Gift

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I do know that instead of larger Easter baskets for the kids (31 and 27 by then) I am going to pare back to about 3-4 items.
Small m&ms, mars bar etc, plus a bottle of their favourite soft drink and a chocolate bunny.
I am going to focus on a family dinner, turkey, ham, roast veggies etc. I think we will benefit more from time spent together rather than the other items.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Decided on a Lemon Cheesecake for Easter!

Will make my standard graham cracker crust and make Lemon Curd to top it! I can make and freeze the cheesecake ahead and make the curd the weekend before! :)

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Decided on a Lemon Cheesecake for Easter!

Will make my standard graham cracker crust and make Lemon Curd to top it! I can make and freeze the cheesecake ahead and make the curd the weekend before! :)
Oh my! Delicious

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Simply Knittng has a Peter Rabbit pattern in it this month. I'm thinking of knitting up a rabbit for each of the girls as our gift to them.
I picked up three really cute Easter gift bags for 12 cents each and I went to a giftcard store this summer when they were clearing all their Easter cards 5/$1 and picked up nice ones with stickers for the girls.

I went to Giant Tiger the other day and it was full out ready for Easter - seemed so early!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Our supermarket had medium sized chocolate bars on sale for $1 each so I picked up 2 for everyone's Easter bags.
Will keep an eye out for small bottles of soft drink to add.
As soon as the Easter Eggs hit the stores (and it won't belong) I will purchase 7 of those.

This month I want to plan a menu for Easter weekend dinner, and decided what day will be having the main meal, Saturday or Sunday.