January Menu Planning Exchange

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Also I was afraid the groceries would be higher but they weren't AND I have enough left over soup and lasagna from Saturday and Sunday for several lunches!!!
Oh, this is good to know. We are on a very tight budget, couponing and all. Hubby will have been cut back to three days a work week two years come this March. Wow, hard to believe it's been that long. But the good Lord provides. So, we will be thankful.

:santa2:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
jampss - When I'm tight on money I'll modify my menu plan based on what is on sale at the store. I use the store ads to plan my menus and a lot of time those will correspond to coupons in the Sunday paper. It really has saved me money, too! Less mindless buying and more consumption of what I do buy.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Sounds good, Kim. Thanks!!

:fireplace:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I use the calendar wizard from Microsoft Word to make and print my menu. I keep it on the fridge.

I cook a meal on Sundays and Wednesdays. Mondays is usually leftovers. Tuesdays are sandwiches. Thursdays are salads. Fridays is seafood. Saturdays are anything goes.

For the month of January and February I decided to cut out red meat. Any dish that calls for ground beef I substitute with ground turkey

Here's Feburary's Menu:

1st. BLT
2nd Sweet & stickey orange chicken
3rd buffalo chicken express salad
4th fish po' boys
5th cheesy beef (turkey), corn chip skillet
6th Minced bbq; potato salad; green beans
7th leftovers
8th grilled cheese sandwich
9th cheesy chicken rotini
10th bistro salad
11th Salmon catalina
12th Fiesta beef (use ground turkey) and black bean enchiladas
13th Chicken Parmesan with Linguine and Broccoli
14th leftovers
15th turkey panini
16th chicken empanadas
17th grilled chicken taco salad
18th tuna pockets
19th order takeout
20th baked chicken; collard greens; candied yams; stuffing; rolls; macaroni & cheese
21st leftovers
22nd chicken marsala wrap
23rd no-time pasta presto
24th large green, leafy salad
25th crab cakes
26th taco sandwich
27th catalina chicken breast; rice; caesar salad
28th leftovers
29th turkey & pepper melt
30th three bean turkey chili

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
aggy,

I have a really old Word program (2002) so I could not find the Calendar Wizard. Will have to check into this when I have more time.

Love the template you have for when you cook and the different type of things for each day.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
that's a fun blog w/ some good ideas. Mom gave me a 3 ring binder/cookbook I have been working w/ and have a section in the back for my 2 week meals (i grocery shop every 2 wks so that's how I plan) she had some good ideas that I will have to try.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
wow!

For the month of January and February I decided to cut out red meat. Any dish that calls for ground beef I substitute with ground turkey

Here's Feburary's Menu:

I am loving your organization with this! Thanks for sharing!!!!

:fireplace: