January Monthly Magic (Assignments)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Haven't been able to focus on my front porch for JumpStart January, so I spent a little time with this list instead.

Tracking Magic
1. Use calendar on computer, so DONE
2. Calendar program automatically reminds me of GDP, TD, and RD -DONE
3. Finalize plans for school Scavenger Hunt 3/4 DONE about 90% there

Celebration Magic
1. Bought, but not addressed DONE
2. Nothing major to plan, so DONE

Creative Magic
1. Have a couple I want to work on, need to decide which 1 to focus on 3/4 DONE
2. need to think about this one still need to think about this
3. Bought some materials for kids to make Valentines, waiting for coupons/sales for rest ALL MATERIALS BOUGHT, KIDS WILL MAKE THEM NEXT MONTH

Future Magic
1. still need to organize some Lenten prayers/activities to do as family 1/2 DONE
2. Have RD projects in tote DONE

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Don't Forget.....Rudolph Day is Friday....so get your items gathered up that you want to work on that day....I always try for a bit of balance:

Some PLANNING (list updates etc)

Some ACTION (great word)

Some FUN (even better word...lol)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Reposting my January list so I can update it...easier to keep track of than just editing the original post.

Gingerbug's January List with dates for completion:

Tracking Magic:

[X ] Print off calendar for Year Round Holiday Notebook (by Jan. 3rd)
[ X ] Put all important dates known at this time on calendar (by Jan. 5th)
[ X ] Put stickers on Rudolph Day, GPD, and Turkey Day (Jan 5th)
[ X ] I am also noting the weeks of Jumpstart January on this calendar too (Jan 5th)
[X] Highlight dates & Create mini to do list for each (Jan. 6th)

Celebration Magic:

[X] Buy all cards for the month and for Feb also. (By Jan.5th or 6th)
[X] Sign, Address, and Stamp them. (by the 10th)
[X] Start planning Chinese New Years Eve Party...(will be Feb 9th)

Creative Magic:

[ / ] Start on winter art albums/photo books for 24 days gifts next year (need three)
[3] Self Discovery: Work on The 2008 art journal...about ME
[ / ] Don't need a kids craft so I will continue my Journal Your Christmas project

Future Magic

[X] Look ahead: February. Valentine's Day and Chinese New Years start planning list (by January 15th)

[ ] January Rudolph Day:
*Update Christmas card list and all addresses { }
* Clean out notebook. Print new forms { }
* Update gift closet inventory { }

[X] Great Pumpkin Day
*Have some fun….search for party ideas on line! {X, also tried new recipe}

[ ]Turkey Day
*Organize recipes from 2007 { }
*Print that Thanksgiving Planner if you haven’t already {X}

[X] Year Round Christmas Prep: Make a craft list for the year. by January 31st EVEN started a few :cloudnine:

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Tracking Magic:

:lovestruck: 1. Get a calendar, a calendar that works for you, that you love. It can be a planner, single pages in your notebook, or a premade hang on the wall calendar. Now go through it one month at a time and write down ALL important events…even if they are not holidays…you will need to plan around them. Write down birthdays, anniversaries etc. Even if you do not celebrate them, it’s nice to know them. You can then wish people a happy birthday verbally or asked how they celebrated etc.

:lovestruck: 2. Go back through your calendar and put a seasonal sticker or draw a small symbol on Rudolph Days, GPD, and Turkey Day each month.

:lovestruck: 3. Now look just at January: Use a highlighter and highlight any events that you plan to celebrate or “do” something for. Create a mini “to do” list for each one. Use a single sheet of paper so you can see all of them at once but give each one its own little list. If you have four events (big or small) Divide the paper into four sections. Now you have an idea of WHAT you need to do in January!!!

Celebration Magic:

:lovestruck: 1. Buy all cards for the month and for Feb also…this will let us buy the month before for the rest of 2008. Sign, Address, and Stamp them.

:lovestruck: 2. Any Major January Events? Birthday party? Make your party planner list now.

Creative Magic:

:lovestruck: 1. Crafty: Pick a craft (maybe Valentine’s one or a Christmas 2008 gift) Buy or gather all your supplies. Set aside time each week to work on it.

(IW)2. Self Discovery: Start an Art Journal for 2008 focusing on self discovery.

:lovestruck: 3. Kids: Pick a family craft for the month or get party favors ready for Valentine’s Day.

Future Magic

:lovestruck: 1. Look ahead to February. Any events in the first seven days? If so those need to be planned now.

(IW)2. January Rudolph Day:
*Update Christmas card list and all addressed
* Clean out notebook. Print new forms
* Update gift closet inventory

3. Great Pumpkin Day
*Have some fun….search for party ideas on line!

(IW)4. Turkey Day
*Organize recipes from 2007
*Print that Thanksgiving Planner if you haven’t already

(IW)5. Year Round Christmas Prep: Make a craft list for the year.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You have FIVE more days to mark stuff off for January,.....and then we will be getting our February lists up and ready!!!! :love2:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Ready for that :lovestruck:

I only have to write some more cards for February.

The parcel is mailed (my daughters birthday is on the 1st of february) and I´m still looking for some handcrafts. Like to crochet some Easter eggs. I have finished the other things. (Adresslist, calendar, starting a notebook...)

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'm ready, Gingerbug! I got everything checked off my January list yesterday! Woohoo!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
:jumpinghearts: Way to go...it really does help to break things down in to categories and to get an early start....January was easy for me....February is going to be a bit more challenging!!!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm done as well!! Looking forward to February. :jumpinghearts:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I have done most of checklist- bought Feb cards over the weekend:) Have events & crafts lists done

Feb: Baby Shower on the 9th so working on that.