January Monthly Magic (Assignments)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Brattie

Retire Member
Jan 4, 2008
Tracking Magic:

DONE! 1. Get a calendar, a calendar that works for you, that you love. It can be a planner, single pages in your notebook, or a premade hang on the wall calendar. Now go through it one month at a time and write down ALL important events…even if they are not holidays…you will need to plan around them. Write down birthdays, anniversaries etc. Even if you do not celebrate them, it’s nice to know them. You can then wish people a happy birthday verbally or asked how they celebrated etc.
DONE! 2. Go back through your calendar and put a seasonal sticker or draw a small symbol on Rudolph Days (25th),
GPD(alternate with Turkey Day each mth (4th Sat of mth), and Turkey Day (I made it Bunny Day- 2nd Sat/mth) each
month.
DONE! 3. Now look just at January: Use a highlighter and highlight any events that you plan to celebrate or “do” something for. Create a mini “to do” list for each one. Use a single sheet of paper so you can see all of them at once but give each one its own little list. If you have four events (big or small) Divide the paper into four sections. Now you have an idea of WHAT you need to do in January!!! (Party at Friends house-tonight-Buy ingredients for making Malibu Bay Breezes, free rest of the month!)

Celebration Magic:

1. Buy all cards for the month and for Feb also…this will let us buy the month before for the rest of 2008. Sign, Address,
and Stamp them. - Dad, Brother, Neice
DONE! 2. Any Major January Events? Birthday party? Make your party planner list now.

Future Magic

DONE! 1. Look ahead to February. Any events in the first seven days? If so those need to be planned now. Nothing going on.

2. January Rudolph Day:
*Update Christmas card list and all addressed
* Clean out notebook. Print new forms
* Update gift closet inventory

3. Turkey Day
*Organize recipes from 2007
*Print that Thanksgiving Planner if you haven’t already

4. Bunny Day
*Update To Do List
*Update Menu for Easter
*Update: Who is bringing/making what? List
*Update Guest List-Do it in Excel (would like to create invites or some type of card)

:bigsnow:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I've been pretty busy this week...

Tracking Magic
1. Use calendar on computer, so DONE
2. Calendar program automatically reminds me of GDP, TD, and RD -DONE
3. Finalize plans for school Scavenger Hunt3/4 DONE

Celebration Magic
1. Bought, but not addressed 1/2 DONE
2. Nothing major to plan, soDONE

Creative Magic
1. Have a couple I want to work on, need to decide which 1 to focus on3/4 DONE
2. need to think about this one
3. Bought some materials for kids to make Valentines, waiting for coupons/sales for rest

Future Magic
1. still need to organize some Lenten prayers/activities to do as family
2. Have RD projects in tote DONE

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay it's almost the end of week one of January...How many items do you have marked off? As you may have noted I put times or projected times to complete them behind each one on my list.....I have not gotten anywhere to get cards yet...but I should be okay on that one...only have two or three I need.

I also have a desk calendar...got it on clearance and it has BIG squares....so I will keep it on my desk here at home and I plan to write anything special from our projects here on the boards....that I want to remember....for example I have my Bubble Bath scheduled on the 8th...lol...and I also have the weeks listed for Jumpstart January...I also have Celebrate Me! listed on the 15th!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm pretty happy with where i'm at right now. I'm kind of pushing everything off until after Wednesday now. We drive my DH to the airport in Dallas on Tuesday and he flies out early Wednesday morning and then we have to drive the 9-10 hours back home. It will be a very sad trip. Right now i'm focusing on spending time together as a family and getting him ready to leave. I do have most of my plans in place though.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
{{{HUGS}}}

I know how very difficult that must be. You are right to save this "stuff" for later and spend the time with your family right now!!!
I pray time will pass quickly and he will be back safe and sound before you know it!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks Ginger!

keepermom

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ohio
Tracking Magic:

1. Get a calendar, a calendar that works for you, that you love. Kitchen Calendar
Now go through it one month at a time and write down ALL important events…even if they are not holidays…you will need to plan around them. Write down birthdays, anniversaries etc. Even if you do not celebrate them, it’s nice to know them. DONE

2. Go back through your calendar and put a seasonal sticker or draw a small symbol on Rudolph Days and Turkey Day each month. DONE but I’m hoping to find my stickers and use those rather than the symbols
3. Now look just at January: Use a highlighter and highlight any events that you plan to celebrate or “do” something for. DONE
Create a mini “to do” list for each one. The only event in January is my birthday which I’m not planning so I have nothing “to do” this month.

Celebration Magic:

1. Buy all cards for the month and for Feb also…this will let us buy the month before for the rest of 2008. Sign, Address, and Stamp them. Done

2. Any Major January Events? Birthday party? Make your party planner list now. None

Creative Magic:

1. Crafty: Pick a craft (maybe Valentine’s one or a Christmas 2008 gift) Buy or gather all your supplies. Set aside time each week to work on it. I want to make a Dates to Remember Booklet from another forum and I’m hoping to do hot pads/pot holders for each month this year – bell or snowman for January. I have craft time listed on my to-do list every Friday

2. Self Discovery: Start an Art Journal for 2008 focusing on self discovery. Not doing an Art Journal but since we're hoping to adopt internationally this year (anyone with advice on that can email me!) I think I'll do an Adoption Journal.

3. Kids: Pick a family book for the month and get Valentine’s Day gifts. We are reading God's Smuggler together this month. Still need to think about V-Day gifts.

Future Magic

1. Look ahead to February. Any events in the first seven days? If so those need to be planned now. None in the first 7 days but ds has a birthday in Feb.

2. January Rudolph Day:
*Update Christmas card list and all addresses
*Buy or make one gift for someone on our list

4. Son's Birthday
*Discuss budget with dh
*Discuss gift ideas with ds
*Discuss "party" plans with ds

5. Year Round Christmas Prep: Make a craft list for the year.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I've completed all the tasks in the Tracking Magic section - I love my new Thomas Kinkade Engagement calendar! Looking at it every day lifts my spirits. I've written down everything I know of right now.

I just need to make a stop for my January/February cards - fortunately not many. I'll continue to be mindful of my Dudy Day tasks.

cleanupgirl

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
Tracking Magic:

DONE! 1. Get a calendar, a calendar that works for you, that you love. It can be a planner, single pages in your notebook, or a premade hang on the wall calendar. Now go through it one month at a time and write down ALL important events…even if they are not holidays…you will need to plan around them. Write down birthdays, anniversaries etc. Even if you do not celebrate them, it’s nice to know them. You can then wish people a happy birthday verbally or asked how they celebrated etc.

DONE! 2. Go back through your calendar and put a seasonal sticker or draw a small symbol on Rudolph Days, GPD, and Turkey Day each month.

1/2 DONE 3. Now look just at January: Use a highlighter and highlight any events that you plan to celebrate or “do” something for. Create a mini “to do” list for each one. Use a single sheet of paper so you can see all of them at once but give each one its own little list. If you have four events (big or small) Divide the paper into four sections. Now you have an idea of WHAT you need to do in January!!!

Celebration Magic:

1. Buy all cards for the month and for Feb also…this will let us buy the month before for the rest of 2008. Sign, Address, and Stamp them.

2. Any Major January Events? Birthday party? Make your party planner list now.

Creative Magic:

1. Crafty: Pick a craft (maybe Valentine’s one or a Christmas 2008 gift) Buy or gather all your supplies. Set aside time each week to work on it.

2. Self Discovery: Start an Art Journal for 2008 focusing on self discovery.

3. Kids: Pick a family craft for the month or get party favors ready for Valentine’s Day.

Future Magic

1. Look ahead to February. Any events in the first seven days? If so those need to be planned now.

2. January Rudolph Day:
*Update Christmas card list and all addressed

3. Great Pumpkin Day
*Have some fun….search for party ideas on line!

4. Turkey Day
*Print that Thanksgiving Planner if you haven’t already

5. Year Round Christmas Prep: Make a craft list for the year.

Brattie

Retire Member
Jan 4, 2008
After work this evening I took my DS20 to the drug store this evening so he could pick up his medicine. While he was doing that, I passed by the greeting cards and remembered that I had to buy 3 birthday cards for Feb. I also realized that they have valentines things out, so I bought a few things for the boys for valentines day. My DS met me at the checkout counter and put his hand on my forehead and asked if I was feeling alright. I said I was feeling just fine and asked him why he was even asking such a thing. He said, 'Because you're acting all organized. You're buying birthday cards over a month before their birthday, and since when do you buy valentines stuff in January??" :rotflol: Ahhh ya just gotta love kids... no matter how old they are. I just want to give a special Thank You to all that are involved in making this wonderful site possible. It's hard to believe that I'm 'acting all organized'! lol
:jumpinghearts:

Anyhow, I have all my tracking magic done, and now that I've bought birthday cards for Feb. I just have to write in them, and put them in a folder I have in my household notebook so when I leave to go to their birthday party (my dad, brother and niece were all born on the same day) I will know just where the cards are and that will finish up Celebration Magic tasks.

:heartsNY:

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Just bought my cards so I'm really cooking with gas now! I'm so glad I won't be running out the week of Valentine's Day. Besides, my Rudy Day assignments, I think i've done all my January Monthly Magic Assignments - and it's still only week 2!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
That is awesome....way to go...I am checking off things also....I made my yearly craft list for 2008... :jumpinghearts:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay we are going into Day 11 of January...it doesn't seem possible...I edited my post and marked a few more things off my Monthly Magic list.

If you notice for the Celebrate Me 2008 art journal...theres a number three there instead of an X....thats how many pages I have created...I'll change the number as I create more pages.

I'm having fun with this art journal:

Page 1 encorporates my word for 2008...Simplify...and is a very simple page...but cute (at least I think so)
Page 2 Contains a small motto for 2008
Simplify...your life...
Let go of things...
Clutter
Trash
Old Books
Clothing
Simplify....with fewer...
Choices....free....time, space,
And Energy ...new adventures
Await

And I completed the page with words cut from magazines...that are ME
Page 3....a post card of a favorite place....along with a saying about keeping life simple

I simply must take pics and post them....that is one thing I am not good at!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
How's everybody's January list going??? I'm doing okay...just need to remember to celebrate and do the special days....sometimes they slip by me.

jackfrosty...pics of the pages are up over at Magical Creative Spirit...

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've crossed a few more things off my list as well. I'll have to come back and post it after I get it organized.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
January Monthly Magic:

Tracking Magic:

1. Get a calendar, a calendar that works for you, that you love. It can be a planner,
single pages in your notebook, or a premade hang on the wall calendar. Now go through it one
month at a time and write down ALL important events…even if they are not holidays…you will need
to plan around them. Write down birthdays, anniversaries etc. Even if you do not celebrate them,
it’s nice to know them. You can then wish people a happy birthday verbally or asked how they
celebrated etc. I have a 8 by 10 planner so the boxes are a little bigger which is good for my
eyes. I have birthdays, aniversaries and other things I need to remember in it.

Where we live High School football is very popular. My planner is black and I drew & painted a
large tiger paw on the front of it. The paw is raised.

Each page has a notes section-January has my word for 2008 there. Along the top I have the
quote-Make new friends but keep the old.

I plan to do more to it but that's it for the moment. My planer is very simple but I like easy
and simple lol

2. Go back through your calendar and put a seasonal sticker or draw a small symbol on Rudolph Days,
GPD, and Turkey Day each month. I have them marked in

3. Now look just at January: Use a highlighter and highlight any events that you plan to
celebrate or “do” something for. Create a mini “to do” list for each one. Use a single sheet of
paper so you can see all of them at once but give each one its own little list. If you have four
events (big or small) Divide the paper into four sections. Now you have an idea of WHAT you need
to do in January!!!

Celebration Magic:

1. Buy all cards for the month and for Feb also…this will let us buy the month before for the rest
of 2008. Sign, Address, and Stamp them. Don't do cards very often

2. Any Major January Events? Birthday party? Make your party planner list now.

Creative Magic:

1. Crafty: Pick a craft (maybe Valentine’s one or a Christmas 2008 gift) Buy or gather all your
supplies. Set aside time each week to work on it. oing to think on this one

2. Self Discovery: Start an Art Journal for 2008 focusing on self discovery.-This is a work in
progress loving it.

3. Kids: Pick a family craft for the month or get party favors ready for Valentine’s Day. Will
look in my granddaughter scout book and find one

Future Magic

1. Look ahead to February. Any events in the first seven days? If so those need to be planned now.
My granddaughters birthday is in Feb. We have to get her invitations to send.

2. January Rudolph Day:

3. Great Pumpkin Days
*Have some fun….search for party ideas on line!-might look around for decorating ideas

4. Turkey Day
*Organize recipes from 2007-sounds like a good idea

5. Year Round Christmas Prep:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Here's my updated list:

Tracking Magic:

1. Get a calendar, a calendar that works for you, that you love. It can be a planner, single pages in your notebook, or a premade hang on the wall calendar. Now go through it one month at a time and write down ALL important events…even if they are not holidays…you will need to plan around them. Write down birthdays, anniversaries etc. Even if you do not celebrate them, it’s nice to know them. You can then wish people a happy birthday verbally or asked how they celebrated etc. (Done)

2. Go back through your calendar and put a seasonal sticker or draw a small symbol on Rudolph Days, GPD, and Turkey Day each month. (Done)

3. Now look just at January: Use a highlighter and highlight any events that you plan to celebrate or “do” something for. Create a mini “to do” list for each one. Use a single sheet of paper so you can see all of them at once but give each one its own little list. If you have four events (big or small) Divide the paper into four sections. Now you have an idea of WHAT you need to do in January!!! (Done)

Celebration Magic:

1. Buy all cards for the month and for Feb also…this will let us buy the month before for the rest of 2008. Sign, Address, and Stamp them. (Still need to get mom's card)

2. Any Major January Events? Birthday party? Make your party planner list now. (Nothing, so done)

Creative Magic:

1. Crafty: Pick a craft (maybe Valentine’s one or a Christmas 2008 gift) Buy or gather all your supplies. Set aside time each week to work on it. (Done, working on CN for mom)

2. Self Discovery: Start an Art Journal for 2008 focusing on self discovery. (started a journal)

3. Kids: Pick a family craft for the month or get party favors ready for Valentine’s Day. (Haven't had time yet but plan to make hearts)

Future Magic

1. Look ahead to February. Any events in the first seven days? If so those need to be planned now. (Nothing, so done)

2. January Rudolph Day:
*Update Christmas card list and all addresses (Done)
* Clean out notebook. Print new forms (Done)
* Update gift closet inventory (Done)

3. Great Pumpkin Day
*Have some fun….search for party ideas on line!
*Work on Halloween Notebook.

4. Turkey Day
*Print that Thanksgiving Planner if you haven’t already (Don't need this)

5. Year Round Christmas Prep: Make a craft list for the year. (Done)

So, all I have left to do is:

*Get mom bday card
*Organize recipes which i've started on
*Wait for GPD!

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I set up a small area next to my refrigerator that has my calendar, pen, 7 note pad. I also have it decorated.
TRACKING MAGIC
(x) CALENDAR
(X)mark important dates
(X)started mini list and have started inviting people

CELEBRATING mAGIC.
()GET INVITATIONS
()no major dates

Creative Magic
() trying to find a simple craft to do that would be on going
() self discovery trying to decide how I want to do this
() find a time to have kids over to bake

Future Magic
(x) start planning fondue party. I have already started asking
(X) game night I have also asked some about a game night

()JRD take one tote and declutter what I don't use
()GPD work on Harvest party ideas
() take turkey rollups to work and start notebook

ON going project organizing recipes according to holiday or season.