January Rudolph Movie Pick

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Good Day all! I am pleased to announce that the first movie of the 2012 Rudolph Movie Club is:

CHRISTMAS VACATION!

I picked this movie because I didn't get to watch it this year and I'm really sad about that. So, now I get to!

Fun facts:

* Chevy Chase appears in some scenes wearing a black Chicago Bears ballcap. He wears this exact same cap throughout all four "Vacation" movies.

* In the scene where Rusty is helping his dad put lights on the house, Rusty looks at his wrist as if to look at the time but there is no watch there. This is a trademark gimmick that Chevy Chase does in many movies.

* Mae Questel (Aunt Bethany) was the voice of Betty Boop. Christmas Vacation was her final screen appearance.

* Can you name the popular sitcom that the actor that plays Rusty is now on?

Hope all take time this next month to grab some blankies, snuggle in and enjoy what has become a Christmas classic!!!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I LOVE this movie!!

Great pick! Yes... I can name the sitcom... but I won't. Only because I'm the first one replying and I don't want to ruin it for anyone else :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great pick....love this movie because even though it is funny...it has a lot of messages too!

:tree2:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Hhmm Netflix doesn't have it and I actually dont own it will have to find it somewhere.

And I didn't know Rusty is on a show will go check it out

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Oh my word.... We LOVE that show and I watch that movie can't believe I never connected the two

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Great pick-we love that movie--and I had NO idea that Rusty from the movie is the guy in that sitcom--which we also love!!

Here's a hint y'all--like you need one with google-lol:

BAZINGA :D

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This is my favorite movie and we love that TV show as well.

The kids decided that since the end of the movie is supposed to be Christmas Eve that we should make it the movie we watch on Christmas Eve. We did that just a few weeks ago and it made it even more special.

Great choice!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Love this movie and I will be watching it Saturday if all goes as planned.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I suspected that was the show, but I'd have never guessed w/o confirming because he looks so different. LOL
One of my all-time favorite Christmas movies. We all have this vision of the perfect holiday and then--real life hits. LOL

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I didn't get to watch the movie last night. It was just too late to start it after going for coffee and dessert with my mom and her caretaker. :(

BUT- It will DEFINETLY be watched this weekend!!!

Snowlvr- Bazinga! Love it! :) He's my fav on that show!

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I sent SantasGirl a PM too- Ha ha!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've never watched that sitcom but I used to watch the old one he was in. Never made the connection either!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Great Day in the Morning! I love that show. I have the first two seasons on dvd plus I watch them twice daily and on Sundays from 8 to 10. He looks totally different.

Last edited: