January Rudy day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I plan to work on Rudy day stuff all month with emphasis on the weekend of January 21st.

The MHH suggestion is Christmas Notebook month.

Here's what I have planned (wonder if I will work on all this stuff)
- Watch movie of the month with a hot chocolate in hand, a nice throw, Christmas socks & fireplace lighted up. Movie yet to be announced.
- Update holiday notebook for 2012
- Start 2012 craft list - look for ideas
- Review of Christmas 2011 - DONE
- Review of 2011 budget
- Think of ideas for gifts
- Work on 2012 Rudy days (done until March)
- Print out 2012 master gift list
- Declutter house for Christmas 2012

What are you planning?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hi,

I'm glad you asked this b/c I hadn't really given it any thought yet. I usually do my Christmas Notebook in October but I've noticed over the last few years that from October through December, it is very busy for me. So, with that in mind, I think I'll work on my notebook this month like everyone else. January/February seem to be my "hunker down" months. This will be a good project to work on.

Mary

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I have been celebrating Rudy Day for a few days now. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

This month I plan to finish my notebook.

Today I picked up a holiday dvd from Walmart which has 6 movies on it for $5. WooHoo!!! (Christmas In Wonderland, A Hobo's Christmas, How the Toys Saved Christmas, The Littlest Light on the Christmas Tree, The Man Who Saved Christmas and In Search of Santa. I plan to watch them on Rudy Day!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I saw THE MAN WHO SAVED CHRISTMAS this year on Hallmark or Lifetime Channel this year and really liked it. It's based on true facts.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
all sounds good. i bought some sheet protectors for my notebook yesterday . i have some pages from magazines to put in there. ill be working on that.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I wish I saved some Hallmark or Lifetime Christmas movies on the dvr for Rudy days...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Update on my l,ist:
- Watch movie of the month with a hot chocolate in hand, a nice throw, Christmas socks & fireplace lighted up. Movie yet to be announced.
- Update holiday notebook for 2012 - DONE
- Start 2012 craft list - look for ideas - DONE
- Review of Christmas 2011 - DONE
- Review of 2011 budget - DONE
- Think of ideas for gifts
- Work on 2012 Rudy days (done until March)
- Print out 2012 master gift list - DONE
- Declutter house for Christmas 2012 - WORK IN PROGESS

Can't wait to know what the movie is.

It'll be done next weekend because it is during a workday.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Wow....what a great list!

I was a couple days late but I did blog for Jnauary Rudolph Day...

http://rudolphday.blogspot.com/

There are some fun links so check it out!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great ideas Ginger.

I have the Christmas movie left on my list... but with dh & the kids in the house I don,t think it will happen (how I long for my Mondays ALONE).
However, since I,ve worked alot on Christmas stuff this month I might take some time for GPD today & tomorrow.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I did actually celebrate Rudy day this past Saturday...DH was "out and about", so DS6 and I watched Christmas Vacation (lots of great big belly laughs from him) while DS2 napped and I went through about a third of my stack of holiday magazines - tearing out what I want to keep and tossing the rest. It isn't much, but at least I made a dent. Now I just have to put them in page protectors and stick them in the right sections of my NB (binder).

I hope to get more done in February!