January themed family breakfast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
As hard as it is to believe, it's almost time for our January breakfast. I still debating on themes. I want to do something wintery, although it's 70 degrees here with tornados and thunderstorms today. It's supposed to cool off dramatically for the weekend. Let's hope. I am running my air conditioner because it's so humid and sticky.

Anywho...back to breakfast

I am thinking this is the way I'm going:
Theme: Snow's a Glistenin' (sort of a take off on Winter Wonderland)
Tablescape: white tablecloth with white dishes, napkins and clear glasses; centerpiece of either (1) a white pillar candle in a hurricane globe, with salt as "snow" and "ice" in the bottom, sitting on a mirror with snow and ice and icy candles-tea lights (in the little silver cups), with clear glitter on the cups to look like frost; or (2) snowmen on a glass cake pedestal with "snow" and "ice" and candles....still debating. I have the snowmen already on the cake plate in the corner of my kitchen cabinets, so that would be super easy to do. However, I do like to do things a little differently for each event, so the candle is likely!

Menu:
white hot chocolate
biscuits and gravy
bacon and eggs
pancakes
white grape juice, orange juice and coffee

I've found that this menu is what everyone likes and expects, so I've just sort of stuck with it. Also, for our families, we've found that they want more of this food, not a bigger variety. Works for me-it's much easier!! I think I'm finally getting the hang of it, and simplicity is a big key!!

If I don't do the snowy theme, then I'll do a lodge theme. However, I'm seriously thinking about saving that one for February, because it'll be after Valentine's Day, and Vday theme is so....predictable! I like to mix it up a little! If I don't do the lodgey thing, I'm going French!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow, that is so cute sounding! And biscuits and gravy is a fav at our house. Thanks!
:rudolph:

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Our Rite Aid had some adorable plates and coffee mugs that are pink and brown and very "French" looking. They would be cute for breakfast!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
That sounds great! I'm doing a themed game night for January. I'm going with snow and snowmen. I like the salt as snow idea too!

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa