Jeweled mirror

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Love it! Gives me an idea to make a smaller one for a picture frame and put my grandma's picture in it with her jewelry!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I love that idea too. Tomorrow is the 10 year mark that my grandmother has been gone. My dd15 has been thinking of something special todo. My girls have lots of her old costume jewelry that all three of us used to play dress up with that might be something for the three of us todo together. DD11 has a bunch of quilt scraps that she put in a shoe box from my grandmothers house right after she passed. They have sat under her bed since then she still pulls them out and holds them close to her face every once in awhile. She doesn't remember her great grandmother at all but her fabric scraps makes her feel warm and make her smile when she is haveing a bad day. Thinking maybe we could frame some of these.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I have some aprons that are agent of my grandmothers. My daughter would wear them on special occasions. Like pioneer day at school and other fun things. I had lots of little treasures like that, that I wanted when she passed, because I also played dress up with all of them. Jewelry, aprons, scarves...ect.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
MinnieCo - The picture frame with your grandmothers jewelry is a great idea! Love it. Let us know if you do it.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Wonderful ideas! Alas, with 42 grandchildren, I didn't get any of my grandmother's costume jewelry. I inherited her ornaments - even then she knew I was a Christmas nut!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Didn't get it done yet, dd went to the fair that day with a friend, she had never been since she is usually in NM for the month of August but didn't go this year. Think that I am just going to suprise her with it for Christmas