July 11 - Kitchen

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Can your kitchen benefit from some Tender Loving Care?

Well... this is Kitchen week on our Summer HGP. My first goal (for today) will be a general surface cleaning and decluttering!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh my kitchen could definately use some TLC!

I'll also need to start with some detailed surface cleaning by removing all the appliances and giving them a clean before putting them back.

The kitchen here isn't difficult... just takes some motivation to get started...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
YES!!!! I'm excited for this cleaning focus this week! My oven needs a scrubbin inside and out!!! I would have had to do it even without the Kitchen being the focus this week but since it IS the focus- that makes it all the better!

Thanks for kicking us off SparkleNana!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today I emptied the area under the sink. Only the dishwasher soap really needs to live there. So.... that is all that IS there now.

Going through the refrigerator. Consolodidating two half-full jars of olives into one. Wiping up spills. Tossing out some stuff that was pushed to the back. I think the refrigerator doesn't hold much.... but it actually has a lot -- it's just invisible.

Reactions: 1 person

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
SparkleNana - What a novel concept - only dish soap living under the sink! I took a moment to dream. Dream of the calmness that I would feel when I opened the cabinet under the sink and saw nothing but one or two bottles (one for sink suds and one for the dishwasher). It was heavenly!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today has turned into REFRIGERATOR DAY!!!!

Two reasons: we may go on a trip on Sunday. Things are bad in there now. And.... to return to them even worse? Please, please..... NO! And.. the second reason is.... it is so bad now that I can't stand it any longer!!!

And... it IS Kitchen Week!

I have begun with the small drawer that holds dairy products (and soy products) like cream cheese, butter, cheese, etc. It is empty and wiped out. I poured white vinegar in -- to sit for a while. (For some reasons, I have multiple bottles of white vinegar. I guess I thought they would clean the kitchen all by themselves, without involving me. Well -- they did not do it!)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
SparkleNana- You crack me up!

Your army of vinegar bottles didn't clean up the kitchen!

Don't forget- you can run white vinegar through your coffee maker to clean the "insides" of the maker.

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thanks, Annie Claus. The refrigerator is now clean ------ except for the bottom drawer. I will TRY to do it after I play on the computer for a while. It was not a fun experience to clean the refrigerator.

I just cooked dinner. Sometimes I enjoy cooking. Not tonight. It is not always fun to be in the kitchen.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Since I'll be gone next week.... I peeked ahead to see what was our "room" for the week of July 18th. It is "pantry/storage". So.... I'll try to work on my "pantry shelves" (in the kitchen) today! "Storage".... we can always do something to at least one of our storage areas........

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK - the refrigerator is clean......... REALLY? WHAT ABOUT THE FREEZER PART??????

I guess I.... sort of.... forgot about that part........

So.... today is Freezer Day!!! And.... if there is time and energy left..... I could go through the spice cabinet and throw out ancient stuff!!!!!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Yep, I need to do my freezer too!

Need to get in there and see what I have that needs to be used up!

Annie