July 18th-24th 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
July is going very quickly, welcome to the third week of what has been a very cold month for us. Looking at the forecast for this week there will be more rain, below freezing nights and the days are very cold. A cold Winter that is for sure.
I am planning my week but know this could all change, work is a bit unpredictable this week has CW mother has passed away. Also time for me to reevaluate what is and isn't working to avoid that mid year rut that gets to me most years. Hoping for a productive week.

Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time.

This is working for me so will continue with very little tweaking. I might start setting an alarm for getting ready for bed/lights out.

Weekly:

*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*washing ( )( )
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms ( )( )
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches ( )
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*tidy stockpile ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

This is the routine for me now. Some weeks it all gets done, some weeks not. Do not need to swap anything here.

Fun/ Christmas prep:

*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) Continue wedding bunting
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine ( ) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 13
*update planner ( )
*tidy gift closet ( )
*continue looking for stocking fillers and gifts ( )
*start looking at HGP ( )

Once again these are things I get to most weeks, at least I try to.

Extras:

*Exercise at least 4 days (X) (X) (X) ( )
*Make up trial for DD Sunday (X)
*Library books back Thursday ( )
*Craft with Mum Thursday (X) start assembling Bunting
*Start looking for meal ideas for Spring and Summer ( )
ETA: Now working Wednesday and Friday as CW is away. (X) (X)

These change week by week. Some weeks are busier than others but that's life.

5 small chores:

1) Wash bedroom windows ( )
2) Tidy bedside tables and chest of drawers ( )
3) Tidy wardrobe ( )
4) Vacuum skirtings ( )
5) Look for "Spring" picture to frame ( )
6) Tidy gift closet ( ) A CIJ project

I am amazed how much doing 5 or 6 quick chores a week makes such a difference to the running of the house. Will absolutely continue this for the rest of the year and into 2022.

Word of the Year:
IMPROVE

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, you are doing great! I have a phone alarm that goes off to let me know when it is 9:30 pm. Sometimes I'm so engrossed in a project that I lose track of time. It has been helpful in giving me time to finish up and start to get ready for bed. Reading is so relaxing for me that I fall asleep within a few pages. :rolleyes:

My oldest moved into the city. The other four are at home and they share two bedrooms. With the one room empty now, we'll make that into a video conference room. I want to have it done within two weeks because my other child starts her online internship then. Currently, she is taking a full semester of classes in 8 weeks so that she can do the internship. It's intense. Having the extra room would be nice for her sibling that shares the room. Currently, she gets up and out of the room early before the online classes start. The bedrooms are the only spots where distractions are least likely.

• Weed Gardens
  • Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills - Tuition;
  • Correspondence: Family History group;
  • Appts:
  • Menu Planning
    • Menu plan for upcoming week.
    • Check that ingredients for planned meals are in the house.
    • Make a grocery list.
    • Buy groceries.
    • Food Prep: Cut up onions, peppers and carrots for upcoming meals.
  • FlyLady:Master Bedroom
    • Dust.
    • Vacuum.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Declutter room.
    • Shred papers.
  • Do weekly reflection.
  • Staple reflection papers to the planner pages.
  • Update journal.
  • Update new planner
  • Prep for Painting Room and Closet: Clean out closet, dust walls, wash walls, remove border glue, spackle holes, sand walls, sand trim, wash walls again, put painter tape on edges, buy paint;

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, you are doing great! I have a phone alarm that goes off to let me know when it is 9:30 pm. Sometimes I'm so engrossed in a project that I lose track of time. It has been helpful in giving me time to finish up and start to get ready for bed. Reading is so relaxing for me that I fall asleep within a few pages. :rolleyes:
Mary, this is what I am hoping. I am on my IPAD way too much in the evenings and I always have a book or magazine that I can pick up instead. Just need to change the habit and put down the electronics.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I love this idea. You are so organised.
Right now, with school out, my dd is able to help me with food prep. I find during the school year, it's helpful to do that work on the weekend. Sometimes we do a huge batch of onions and peppers for cooking. I flash freeze those and then put them into freezer bags for future meals. Actually as I type this out, I realize that school will be starting in 5 weeks. Well, that's something that I'll be doing sooner than later.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
You guys are doing great! I can't believe July is almost over, i'm not ready for summer to be done yet. It has been a great summer though. I have 4 weeks and a couple days until I start work. Yikes! I'm excited and nervous and completely not ready with all the things I want to be. I need to get on it.

[X] [X] [X] [-] [-] Mandatory training
[X] [-] [-] [X] [X] Conference videos
[24] [24] [24] [24] [24] 48oz water
[X] [X] [X] [X] [-] Daily planner/card draw
[-] [-] [-] Workout 3x
[X] [X] [X] Take DD driving (DH is taking her)

[X] Whole Brain conference 12-2
[X] Repot herbs/bigger pot for gifted palm
[X] Do something with the zucchini
[X] Meal plan
[X] Grocery list/shop
[X] Book club reading
[X] Guest room bedding

[X] Book club
[X] Research Salem trip
[X] Work on pacing guide for year- printed priority standards
[-] Pick up paperwork from school office
[-] Clothes shop
[X] Finish book (this will make 50 for the year)

[X] Schedule oil change
[X] Schedule pest control
[X] Girls afternoon
[X] Doctor appointment (Thur)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You guys are doing great! I can't believe July is almost over, i'm not ready for summer to be done yet. It has been a great summer though. I have 4 weeks and a couple days until I start work. Yikes! I'm excited and nervous and completely not ready with all the things I want to be. I need to get on it.
Jess, enjoy the Summer while you can, a great time of year. You will be ready for work, I am sure of it.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Actually as I type this out, I realize that school will be starting in 5 weeks. Well, that's something that I'll be doing sooner than later.
Your Summer is flying by. Sometimes it feels like we just started and Bam it is over. This Winter seems to be going by quickly when I think about it. Don't want to wish my life away but I am so ready for Spring.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My week has changed now, Will be working extra on Wednesday and Friday to cover for CW. I am OK with that. Will either work harder on the weekend to get things done or move most things to another week.