July 2019 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
My goal this week is my dd 6yrs olds clothes... I have aways been the type to have more than 1 weeks worth of clothes, so I don't have to do laundry often. But then if I wait 3 or 4 days to do laundry, I make myself angry. Lol so I am downsizing her clothes, with just minimal...

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lol so I am downsizing her clothes, with just minimal...
I did this recently with my own clothes and it certainly made a difference.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I am back to digital decluttering of blurry photos, multiple shots, etc. I was working on decluttering the photos on the pc but just got a notice from Google that I have exceeded my storage amount. :eek:

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I am back to digital decluttering of blurry photos, multiple shots, etc. I was working on decluttering the photos on the pc but just got a notice from Google that I have exceeded my storage amount. :eek:
Boy, do I ever need to do photos.... lol just seems like its' gonna b reply nerve wrecking

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana, I had my oldest move out 12 years ago and I just took more of his stuff to him last week. Every chance I get I take something to him or give stuff to another child that has left the house.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am cleaning the desk now with the big kitchen waste can next to me. I put in a clean sack and going to town.

Jaymee still has some of their clothes here and toys and alot of stuff that they will use. Seems days are so busy with everything and appointments etc..

Would like to get thru the sewing desk too yet tonight but..... still a couple more cubby holes here on desk.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I've lived without almost all of my household goods for over six months and our new house is smaller than the old one so I'm finding it very easy to declutter. I started with the two bookcases and I have two bags of books that are going to the thrift store. The bonus is that there is now enough room on the shelves to display the decorative bookends that have been in another box for I can't count how many years.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It seems that as quickly as I declutter I find more to do. All the talk of decluttering photos has me thinking that that would be a great Winter project. I also have many other great Winter projects to do so will need to add it to the list.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I am decluttering cookbooks today.

Here is is list of what is going - they are all in excellent shape - let me know if anyone wants any of them and I will ship them out ASAP to good homes;)

Gooseberry Patch:

Slow Cooker
From Grandma’s Kitchen
Recipes for Comfort

America’s Test Kitchen:
Pasta Revolution
834 Kitchen Quick Tips

Sara Moulton - Sara Cooks at Home
The Art of South American Cooking
The Soprano’s Family Cookbook
Great Bread Machine Recipes

The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Italian (pap)
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American (pap)
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks Three Ancient Cuisines (pap)

The Handmade Home – soaps, candles, pillows, etc.

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Had the kids go through their closets and pull out any clothes they no longer wanted and then I help my son go through his shirts and we pulled several that were border being to short. Passed my daughter's clothes plus a comforter that she no longer wants and hasn't used in a a couple years down to a niece and will pass down my son's clothes to a nephew. Went through all the mail and papers from end of the school year. Filed away papers we need to keep, separated the rest into burn or recycle piles. Thankfully recycle pick up is this week :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Wish we had recycle. I hate to burn, but it looks like some decluttered papers will be burned when I have time.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Halimer love the Gooseback books! and the diy home one, but I won't ask for them because the shipping would be more than the price of the books. Thanks for offering these to our group.

The wood couch is finally out of mil's house (we were keeping it there). DD took off with a long summer chair (we never use it and I wanted to get rid of it), and she took 2 organizing trays too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did the one-thing-a-room-declutter. Got rid of old Birthday cards, plastic swiffer stick (have enough).
To give to dniece: Christmas stamps, duo-tangs, notebook, empty journal, 1 binder.
Also took out 4 whistles out of the Christmas closet and will give to dniece and nephew for CIJ when we go on the fishing trip... Santa will be at the campsite and gives gifts to the children.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Added the following to my two bags of books: twin duvet covers with pillowcases (no more twin beds here), two Turkish bath towels (that were ridiculously expensive and ended up shedding fluff no matter how many times I washed them and seemed to stay damp even after they were hung up to dry - mega fail on that purchase), floral king-size flat and fitted sheet that were at least 25 years old, four assorted totes, a wooden dog that was a doorstopper, a plastic jug, two mini fondue pots, a bag of three kitchen tools (peeler, coffee scoop, and one of those things you hook to the side of your pot to hold a spoon), and a deep fryer that I used once. I need to get a bit better organized and declutter by room; right now, I'm just grabbing things as I see them and putting them in a big box marked Goodwill.

Reactions: Minta and luludou