July 2019 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Last night while binge watching TV I went through most of my jewelry. I need to finish the ear rings. I packaged them in zip lock bags. I will then sort through what I want to keep.
I just finished shredding a paper bag of stuff I pull from the file cabinet. It turned into 3 paper bags of shredded paper.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS went through his clothes yesterday and ending up getting rid of a garbage bag full of clothes that he no longer fits. Looks like I need to take a trip to the charity bin.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DH haul 3 boxes of charity items to the garage, a step closer to the drop off location.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
One Western riding shirt, one men's dress shirt, long underwear (two complete sets, one lone pair of bottoms), two twin duvets, three small soy sauce dishes, and a stack of snap together things that you can use in drawers to separate socks in the thrift store box for the next drop-off.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
About an inch high stack of paper shredded - duplicate forms for taxes, my copies mostly and now I have the original in the tax file plus all kinds of printed sheets, things I printed out for some reference of another. Two oil and vinegar cruets that the lids don't fit properly, one tea pot, and one frying pan. The frying pan was non-stick and I gather that's a no-no these days so I tossed it.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 small garbage can, and a stuffed cat given away at the thrift store. Had a binder in there too but dh picked it out... drn!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Now I just need to move that pile to my trunk. And then to Goodwill!!!
That is the hardest part at my place too. Can easily pile the stuff in the spare room, just got to get it out of the house.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
That is the hardest part at my place too. Can easily pile the stuff in the spare room, just got to get it out of the house
If I want it gone I don't stop any where along the way to the car. In it goes and when I am about I make my stop. Oh, and the other day DH took a couple of boxes of stuff to Salvation Army and they refused the one that had pint mason jars they were all green, and a wooden mail/key holder you hang on the wall and a couple of other small things. What? Has that happened to any?
Goodwill was nice enough to take them plus a bag of baskets (I love baskets but just have to much stuff)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
If I want it gone I don't stop any where along the way to the car. In it goes and when I am about I make my stop. Oh, and the other day DH took a couple of boxes of stuff to Salvation Army and they refused the one that had pint mason jars they were all green, and a wooden mail/key holder you hang on the wall and a couple of other small things. What? Has that happened to any?
Goodwill was nice enough to take them plus a bag of baskets (I love baskets but just have to much stuff)
One of my co-workers and I were talking about decluttering and he said his wife counted her Longaberger baskets and she has 328! Where does one put 328 baskets? I thought I was bad, but I only have about 40 and almost each one has a specific useful purpose. I'll have to think about the few that I don't seem to use any longer and make up my mind to part with them.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
A bag of clothes out to moms for church (back to school has clothes to give away too), a big thing I purchased some years back that you rub on your wall and says Friends and Family are Always Welcome. Actually gave it back to the mom of a girl that had a party that I brought it from.

-------------------------------------------

Today the lady finally came to Jaymees and she loaded up the back of the pickup truck and a huge trailer and Jaymees garage now has room and stuff from the basement is gone too. Just wish that was my garage and house.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
A bag of clothes out to moms for church (back to school has clothes to give away too), a big thing I purchased some years back that you rub on your wall and says Friends and Family are Always Welcome. Actually gave it back to the mom of a girl that had a party that I brought it from.

-------------------------------------------

Today the lady finally came to Jaymees and she loaded up the back of the pickup truck and a huge trailer and Jaymees garage now has room and stuff from the basement is gone too. Just wish that was my garage and house.
Now it’s Jaymee ‘s turn to help you.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

The Salvation Army here are quite picky with what they will take. My mum wanted to donate a large buffet and they said it was too old for them to take. It is like they only want brand new donations. Most charity shops here will not take electrical goods.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One of my co-workers and I were talking about decluttering and he said his wife counted her Longaberger baskets and she has 328! Where does one put 328 baskets?
I have a few baskets and they live in the corner of the dining room. There is a particularly nice one that I use every Christmas Eve as a part of our evening. One small egg basket that I will use when I move to the farm.
Cannot imagine having 328 baskets.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It has been years ago but after having a rummage sale one time we took all the prices off and Allen ran the items up to Salvation Army and they said they weren't taking anything. We have never taken things there since---always to Goodwill now.

We are still sorting Teigans toys and some clothes. Jaymee has alittle of her stuff here yet.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I was able to get to the linen closet today and pull out a lot of items. Lots of hand towels that have not been used since I cleaned last time. I put old washcloths in the rag basket and cut down my sheets to 2 sets per bed. Unfortunately, I only have one set for my room. Will remedy that when I see a good sale. I kept some white flat sheets to use for making pillow cases. Pattern found here:http://mychristmaskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/07/simple-christmas-in-july-sewing-project.html

Reactions: luludou