July 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Yesterday about 10 boxes and 10 bags of assorted donations went to the Vietnam Veterans pick up.

Don't know if I can do better than that.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am still waiting for the opportunity to rid myself of boxes backed for charity. Still not open or accepting here. I do plan to pack more....

Reactions: jampss and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
dh went through a pile of papers on the counter today, and some of mil's stuff.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still no charity shops or bins opened here. Am still storing donations for now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Today's haul:
old makeup got thrown out (smelled foul!), almost never use makeup and it's been there a long time.
1 turtleneck sweater will be given to ddil
1 brand new shirt (too small for dh) will be given to my son
1 cat doorholder will be sent to charity shop (they are open here)
1 small battered decorative water can will be given to gift shop as well as 1 horse candle holder
Old back cushion for watching tv will go in the recycle bin (it's all stained)
1 cat litter box and litter will be either given away or sold (as ds's cat disappeared and never came back)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got a huge sack of trash out of my bedroom. Threw away alot of papers I had been keeping. Allen took a sack of bath towels and old sheets for the shed. Had the pile started for awhile but topped it today and he took it. Have some old shirts to go to rags.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
finally got the baby changing table dropped off at the thrift shop (been waiting in the garage for that a few months), and dropped off the bag of knick-knacks I had assembled yesterday.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Still no charity shops or bins opened here. Am still storing donations for now.
The one place I take my used books too is still closed. The other place where I took things last month is no longer taken donations due to lack of storage. They are overwhelmed with all the decluttering people have done during the shut down.

I've just been trying to keep up with the paper clutter around here.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did it! I got 3 bags and 5 boxes to the thrift store today. I only have a large broken TV and laptop to get to the electronics drop off site. If I push maybe tomorrow if not Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The guys (Allen and Ryan) are outside now picking up the yard behind garage and burning crap!!!!:):):):)

It has kinda become where they put the scrap metal. Won't have a truck load but hope to get it taken up in the next month or sooner.

Have some trees to cut out small ones.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Lucie, people do cute things redoing changing tables. I am sure it will find a good new home for its actual use or a new one.
I use changing table to put my plants on when I bring them in for the winter.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Nothing like moving to help one get rid of stuff. I don't know how many boxes I have to get rid of, but it's quite a few. The trash barrel has been filed up several times, too. Still more to do, but it's coming along. I'll be glad when it's finished!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD was here this weekend and she went through a bunch of school books... kept very few papers. Lots went in recycling.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Oh my, I don't know how many bags of trash was burnt today! Ryan has REALLY overhauled his room over the last 4 or 5 days. He threw out so many soxs with holes, clothes that were so raggy and he has a huge sack of clothes that don't fit him but he knows a couple who they should fit and he actually left to take them there. He said when I am done the sack is leaving here.

Teigans room is cleaned. Do have some clothes to sort thru.

Kids bathroom is cleaned and threw stuff out of the medicine cabinet and got more towels for rags.

Now to keep on going while everybody is in the mood!!!!!