July 25 - Laundry

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The week beginning July 25 is the Laundry Room. The laundry area. Or... if you go to the laundromat.... the laundry supplies/storage area for clothes to be washed.

We are still on our "businessey trip"...... but will probably be back sometime this week.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
This is perfect for me to pop into, as I'm having the washer/dryer serviced on Wednesday and need to tidy up in there.

[] Vacuum floor
[] Mop floor
[] Get between the washer/dryer and clean
[] Wipe cabinet front
[] Clear out cabinet of not-needed items
[] Clean window and sill
[] Washer/dryer serviced on Wednesday

Thanks, Sparklenana!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
15 minutes a day ... one little room ... I can do this! :)

Thanks for being so faithful in posting every week - it really is helping me to stay on track knowing that I have company in the journey.

Here's to tidy laundry areas!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Ok, I've pretty much lost my way with the plan this time round...

The laundry... isn't too hard... my first task would be to clear the pile of (clean) laundry. I'm quite behind in my ironing and folding!!

Then it's decluttering and organising the shelves. Just 15 minutes a day... I think it can be done...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sasquilla -- 15 minutes a day -- in the room of the week - AMAZINGLY does make a visible difference! And you can rest assured that..... as we cycle through this plan.... just giving that 15-minutes of extra attention, to each room in turn, REALLY makes it better!!!!! Hurray for us!!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
SparkleNana - You are so motivating to me - thank you. I would love to redo our laundry room and change the shelving around so I can reach it. That might not happen right away, but I can at least organize it and get the things that don't belong in there out of there. 15 minutes. I'm committed to do this!

On another note, I want to paint the laundry room. It's off the kitchen which is getting ready to be painted a very light shade of gray (looks better than it sounds!). Any suggestios for it? It's not a large space at all. You can walk in about 2 or 3 feet and then the w/d are right in front of you and they take up with width of the room. There is a door that can be shut.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Kim- I do know what you mean about the grey. I have a magazine picture cut out of a living room that was done in a grey- SO peaceful! I LOVE it!

What about a cool shade of blue for the laundry room?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I don't really have a laundry room- my washer and dryer is a stackable in the corner of my kitchen.

BUT- I can do this:
*Do an empty load with just bleach to clean out the inside of the washer.
* Wipe down- inside and out- washer and dryer.
* Take lint screen out of dryer and wash it out with soap and water.
* Wipe off top of dryer
* Take down wine rack from top of dryer- wash it and wipe down bottles of wine.

Annie

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
All done!

I too would like to paint the laundry room...but first the old and nasty green-striped wallpaper would have to come off. Not sure if I'm up for that task! But at least the room is clean and the W/D are declared to be in good shape.

[x] Vacuum floor
[x] Mop floor
[x] Get between the washer/dryer and clean
[x] Wipe cabinet front
[x] Clear out cabinet of not-needed items
[x] Clean window and sill
[x] Washer/dryer serviced on Wednesday