July 4th 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I will likely be spending the weekend of the 4th in SW MI, hopefully out on Lake Michigan with family and friends as crew. My birthday is on the 2nd, so I'll likely head over on Friday morning (it's only about an hour and 15 drive; my mother is another 15-20 minutes further). I'm not sure if the Village is going to have fireworks or not, but there are always nice smaller displays put on by some of the lakefront homeowners. It will be good to be among friends who have been supportive over the years following my husband's passing. Some years we have a dockside potluck, not sure if we're doing anything like that this year, though it wouldn't surprise me. It will be a time to reflect on the freedoms we have as an Independent nation.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Not sure just yet. If we do, it will probably be done on Saturday. We'll go to church on Sunday. Then, we may go to DN's boyfriend's house for a couple of days before going to the beach on the 6th. DN is doing an internship at a hospital and staying there. She's homesick and wants to see her "people."

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking forward to hearing how you all celebrate your National Day.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Not sure yet. May go to Syracuse to finally see MIL, SIL and BIL. If not we have a bbq to go to on Saturday.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Here in Quebec our National Holiday is June 24th and the federal holiday is July 1st. I will be taking the week off starting june 28th. was to take the 25th also but i may have to work a few hours.

Plan is to move dd on the 29th and 30th . nothing else is in the works for now. My bday the 26th

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
not sure yet what the plans are. gs bday is the 1st. my bday is the 6th so we will be doing something. i know we are having his bday party

Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Most years, my siblings and parents are away on July 4th. It's usually just my dh and children that get together. We will probably go to the vigil Mass on Saturday and then do a hike Sunday morning. The Phillies are playing in the afternoon so if nothing else is going on, we may listen to the game outside. We usually grill some hamburgers for dinner on the patio, have apple pie and make red, white and blue drinks. I bought the red, white and blue rocket popsicles already. They are usually hard to find the closer we get to the holiday. I'm not sure if the firework display will happen this year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We usually grill some hamburgers for dinner on the patio, have apple pie and make red, white and blue drinks. I bought the red, white and blue rocket popsicles already. They are usually hard to find the closer we get to the holiday. I'm not sure if the firework display will happen this year.
Mary, this all sounds wonderful. Almost the same way as we celebrate Australia Day here.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We may go to see the fireworks that the air base puts on Thursday, the 1st. Then on Friday we will go to my mom's and out on the boat to watch fireworks from one of the marinas. My hometown used to do them from the dam but they have stopped in recent years and do them from the harbor in town now so you can only watch from town or on a boat from the river (my parents boat is on the lake). I've heard they have declined since they moved them, but the marina fireworks show is excellent. Not sure what the rest of the weekend will hold, most likely more boating. All is weather dependent.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Doubt we will do anything special unless the church has something going on. Our neighbors down the road usually do fireworks so we can sit on the side porch to watch.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So, it looks like I'm hosting for the 4th. Last week I had lunch with a few of the women in my bible study and I casually threw out, "they shoot the fireworks off from the park across the street, if anyone wants to join me ...." And it was picked up and shared in an email to the entire group. No biggie, it will be fun and I'll keep it casual. Once I get a final count, I'm just going to order up some fried chicken and potato salad, make up some cole slaw and baked beans, and bake a couple of frozen pies. Will probably get some patriotic cookies and cupcakes, and some chips and dip, as well. Will put some pop and beer on ice, and make a pitcher of iced tea. Just need to get my house cleaned this week!!!!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
No plans here we don't usually do much. I enjoy fireworks but not crowds and traffic. We are off work on the 5th.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Heading to Syracuse on Saturday with DS and DDIL to see DMIL, DSIl, DBIL and anyone else who shows up.

Reactions: jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DS invited himself and grandson here for a Birthday something for Vanessa. I picked up wings and ribs to cook. Maybe I’ll make potato salad. Suppose I should make some type of dessert.

Reactions: jampss and halimer