July Celebrate Me- what are your plans this month?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
What are your plans for July's Celebrate Me day?

I am going to get a pedicure and get a fun color for summer and pay the extra $5 for a cute flower and gem on my big toes!

I also need to get some new shorts-(post baby shorts) I will try hard not to get discouraged. I really need to go without the kids or else it is too easy to abandon the search! I got a gift certificate to Avenue for Mother's Day and will start there.

Momof3inTN

MHH Member
Jun 29, 2008
Tennessee
I will be getting my hair trimmed & colored & highlighted, my brows waxed, and a pedicure as well!

I will be traveling to Atlanta, Georgia for the annual Scrapbook EXPO with two of my friends!

:pink:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
July is my birthday month (26th). I'm suppose to be going back to Ocean City for a few days. We went in June but only for the day. We had a great time and are looking forward to going back. My celebrate me actually will cover several days. On the 24th, my last day at work, I'm going to stop at the store to get my favorite alcoholic beverage, then head straight home, run a nice large bubble bath, turn on some easy listening music, and soak for a little while. After the bath I plan to relax on the sofa and watch some movies. Friday, I'm getting up early and heading to the beauty salon to get my nails, feet, eyebrows and eyelashes done. Next it's off to my girlfriend's house to get my hair done. After that I'm going to stop at the store for some icecream, head home and relax before it's time for my Stepfather's birthday dinner. Saturday is my day. We leave for OC.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Wow, Aggy!! You've got it going on, girl! Good for you!

As I've posted about a bazillion times lately, I'm going to Chicago for a convention July 31-August 3, so I'll be getting ready for that. I plan to get my hair cut and colored, my nails done (by a pro, not at my kitchen table!!) and pick up a foofie new sparkly dress and shoes for the formal event Saturday night. I also plan to purchase some new jewlery at the convention from the new fall line. I've decided to wear what I have to every other event planned so that I can purchase more jewelry!! LOL!! Plus, it's a tax deduction because it's a business expense! I just paid for my airline ticket today, so I feel like I've already started pampering myself!! And July is not even my birthday month!! LOL!! :pink:

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
My birthday is this month as well (9 more days!!!). I am turning the big 3-5. I think this one will hit me hard. :frown:

I plan to do my regular stuff and then eat supper with my guys. I asked my guys for a quiet evening at home-- no festivities. I want to sit on the patio and have an adult drink... and relax.

My mom is send me a birthday package... MIL will likely as send me a package of goodies (clothes, craft supplies). I asked for an anti-germ mask for my birthday and I just got the email it is being shipped... I will get it for my birthday early. Yeah!!! This will allow me to leave my home at all times of the year and be safe from air-borne cold and flus. I am so excited!!!

I have two years to plan my 37th... major "celebrate me" party.... It will be a huge magical event.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Cmerth. Don't let the number get to you. I will be 41 and plan to have the time of my life. When I turned 37 I through a huge Luau. I had everyone come dressed in Hawaiian attire. It was a blast. We had a hula-hoop contest and limbo contest. Just imagine a bunch of grown folks trying to hula-hoop and a 77 year old lady doing the limbo. (my grandmother) :rotflol: I think she had the more than than anyone else there.

Cathymac I too bought a new dress and handbag from Avon for the ocassion. I just need to find a nice but comfortable pair of sandals as I'm still taking it easy with wearing heels now that my foot has mended nicely.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Yesterday was my birthday. We didn't do anything special but it was a good day.

We just hung out and everything was so relaxed, calm and peaeful.

Magnolia

MHH Member
Nov 27, 2007
My 42nd birthday was Saturday. To celebrate I had my hair cut, bought myself two new outfits and a new swimsuit. Definitely a splurge for me, but I just felt like doing something special this year.

Every woman needs to be good to herself. If Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy! LOL

Shirl

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Magnolia said:
My 42nd birthday was Saturday. To celebrate I had my hair cut, bought myself two new outfits and a new swimsuit. Definitely a splurge for me, but I just felt like doing something special this year.

Every woman needs to be good to herself. If Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy! LOL

Shirl

Happy Birthday Magnolia!

And boy ain't that the truth- If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Magnolia said:

Shirl

Amen to that. :applause: Glad to hear you splurged on yourself.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Happy Birthday to all you birthday girls!

I celebrated last Monday--I had a mani-pedi at a spa using a gift certificate I received 2 years ago, then took myself out to eat at the Outback, then came home and cross-stitched. Great day!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Wow, many of us share this birday month! Mine is the 23rd, and I plan to get a perm, manicure and pedicure. I may go visit my Mom too...I usually try to spend birthdays with her...she is, after all, the reason I'm here! :rotflol:

To those concerned with age...I'll be 52 this year. Age is just a number...and the higher they get, the better they get!! You're only as old as you feel!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Rockandrollgal is absolutely right!!! Age IS only a number. DO NOT use that number - whatever it is - to beat yourself up! It does not matter at all.

What have I learned this month? What wonderful gift has the universe given me? I have had to work harder - physically - than I thought I would ever have to work again in my life. Unfair? Terrible? Not hardly!!! I feel stronger than I have felt in DECADES!! My figure looks better than it has in decades!! And this is not from "exercise" -- it is simply from hard physical work. I am having delicious delightful sleep too - from being so physically tired.

So - please do not put judgement6s on yourself - such as - "I'm too old". (I think I first felt that at age 29. It is ALWAYS nonsense - no matter what age you are.) And do not put judgements on things that happen to you - such as "This is terrible!" It may turn out to be wonderful. :pink: