July Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Well, we're back from vacation. The decluttering looms...:eek:

I hope to start on the "underneath" storage (china cabinet, buffet server, sideboard, Hoosier cabinet, and old television console that's now storage in the laundry room) this week - on either days I may be off or after I get home in the evenings. Add to that my closet and chest of drawers. I bought some new things at the outlet mall to replace items I've been wearing, but which have seen their better days. Time to let go since I have replacements.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Dd is all moved into her first apartment on her own. She "shopped" from my house, my sister-in-law's house and my mother's house. My other two daughters are moving into college apartments and they are doing the same thing. My s-i-l and my mother were thrilled that they took what they did. The rest went to Goodwill. The great thing is my dds took what they wanted and no one felt guilted if they didn't take anything.

I got rid of a bunch of papers from the past school year that I no longer need.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to oget back to things. I am a bit bogged down at the moment with other priorities but will get back to decluttering very soon.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh sold our old grill om our local online garage sale site. Also someone came for an old dresser I have had since Vanessa was 3 yrs old.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow---an old wooden highchair would be neat to decorate with.

I filled one trash bag and have another started and Allen has one over half full.

Jaymee and Teigan came by and she took 2 sacks of stuff home.

Sent some paper home with Kim (my sister) when she stopped by, for the granddaughters to write on. Was trying to give her my grandparents school stuff but she said no keep it.

Off 2 more days so hoping to pitch more stuff.

Have a box started for Goodwill.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH went through alot of papers today and threw some out. I will be giving dil 2 staplers too. He had lots of office supplies in boxes - we will use them up.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I am itching to get cleaning and pitching stuff again. I’m sidelined by wanting to finishing my gift making. Hopefully early august I’ll be finished and can get cleaning again.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Found more paper to get trashed and adding more pictures to the stuff to take to the library. Uncle Paul was the music teacher/high school teacher for over 25 years and Aunt Imogene taught about 30 years and they have LOTS of pictures of different activities at school and such, and tons of year books since the mid 40s and up so giving all to the library for their history room. Win win---I won't trash or store them and they said maybe people would want some of them. A 4 drawer file cabinet went to the township.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I took three bins of cat toys. One from the living room, DS's room, and my crafting/computer room. I dumped them in a pile and went through them. DD left a lot here when she moved. So, some were falling apart so I tossed them. The ones that were hairy .. I took my lint mitt to it and cleaned them up. Then I redistributed them and put the bins back for sweet little Axl!!! :D

2021 05 05 Axl.jpg

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
When grandson was here last week, I sent Steve's and Mel's stuff with him as well as Brysen's. Two ones and a brown shopping bag are out of my living room. Hallelujah!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 small vaccum + 2 staplers and 1 box of pens were given to ds (I'm hoping nothing will come back as had not discussed vaccum with ddil).
1 Christmas train in the donation pile (my old one didn't work but kept for decor). Picked up another one at mom (doesn't work either) but it is cuter for Christmas decor.
1 multi-pouch given to brother to put in his new van.
DS's old bed cover and a blaket (from mom's) in the donation bag

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Ryan took 2 sacks to one of those donate bins that places have sitting on their business parking lots last nite and a sack of clothes back to his girlfriends that is her sons. Allen took out 2 bags of trash out this a.m. and I think another 2 are almost full.