July: Finish Stocking Stuffers Month

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What great ideas you are all coming up with. Now that we have just about covered the boys what do we all do for the Men in our lives???
DH stocking drives me nuts every year because I find it so hard to buy for him.

Any help would be great at this stage!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
For boys... I gave my nephew origami designs I got off the internet one year and he loved it! Also perfume samples

For men (I don't do one for DH.. so hard to just buy 1 gift I will not try many!!)
- Perfume
- Deodorant
- Beef jerky
- Beer
- Nuts
- Chocolates
- BBQ sauce (if he's the one doing the grill)
- Anything sports related
- USB flash card
- Golf balls or tees
- Fishing accessories
- Car wash accessories
- DVD
- Music (the one he listened to as a young adult - souvenirs!)
- Restaurant gift card
- Car wash coupon
-

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I haven't bought any stocking stuffers yet so I need to get on that. I have 2 adult kids, a son-in-law and my husband so stocking stuffers are challenging. Last year I bought small bottles of hand sanitizers, small lint rollers, Tide wipes, flash drives, and candy. That's all I can remember.I went to the travel size section at Target and they had a nice selection of things. This year I know I want to do a few gift cards to Starbucks and maybe to a favorite dairy for ice cream. I need to make some more decisions but at least it's a start.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I will be noting all of these great ideas for boys for future Christmases!

Does anyone have ideas for a baby boy's stocking?

Small toys I guess? Teethers - if he is still teething (he'll be 10 mo) What else?

Sippy cups, travel bowls w/ lids for snacks, baby snacks, CD of nusery songs, ornament, Christmas themed book, toodler tooth brush, Christmas socks, snowmen themed socks, toys that can clip to the stroller or grocery cart to help keep him entertained while you shop.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
What great ideas you are all coming up with. Now that we have just about covered the boys what do we all do for the Men in our lives???
DH stocking drives me nuts every year because I find it so hard to buy for him.

Any help would be great at this stage!!!!

Does he have a favorite candy, gum or snack, especially ones that only come out at Christmas time? If so you can use that as a stocking stuffer.

Does he shave? If so then you can get shaving cream, new razor/replacement blades, aftershave.

Deodorant, chapstick, airfreshner for his car/truck.

CD's, dvd's, slipper socks, gloves, card game, gift cards.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have written down a few ideas in my notebook and am now on the hunt for stocking fillers for DH. Sometimes I think I will stop doing one for him as I find him difficult to buy for, but every Christmas he tells me how much he enjoyed his stocking, so I am not sure.

I find that stocking fillers for DD and my mum are so much easier. I can always find loads for them when I am out shopping.

Is that the same for every one else...are girls easier then boys?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For me girls are WAY easier than boys PLUS DH....always picks up any little things he really wants soooo...it makes it difficult to find things he doesn't have...this year though...I snagged a funny Christmas DVD after Christmas 50% off....so its the perfect stocking stuffer for him....now just a few more.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Girls are DEFINATLY easier to buy for than boys! Mom stopped making stockings for the grand children last year (except the small ones) because of that. She always had tons of ideas for my DD but the teens (my boy & my sis's 2) were too hard to find.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
it is not just with stockings that the girls are easier. In my notebook I have loads of ideas for DD but not so much for DS. I often over buy for DD because I can find so many cute things for her. She also has a wide range of interests, where DS is limited with what he likes. Lucky for me DD birthday is in January and if I over buy for her, I just put the extras away for then.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I found some stuff for the boys that surprised me really. I discovered some stuff at a toystore that sells different stuff from a typical toy store. Any one remember "fortunetelling fish"? It's this thin plastic fish you put in your hand and the heat from your hand makes it move. Depending on how it moves you are "fickle, bored, excited...". Also for DS10 i found this head lamp that is a lego man and the LED lights in his feet. He loves legos so this will be a fun hit. Also they re-discovered these mini model things. They are sold w/ the trading cards and you punch out pieces to build pirate ships or Star Wars things. It comes a/ cards also and can be played as a game.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
piratemamaof3boys, I remember that fortune telling fish!! Your boys are going to love it!! It sounds as if you founds some pretty terrific gifts already. I'm sure they will be a big hit. It sounds as if you made a lot of progress in your Christmas shop this year!!!

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
My DGS are 16, 10, 7 and 4 yrs old. I saw some cute tools at Lowes yesterday. Small cresent wrenches and magnifying glasses. I'm going back tomorrow to pick some up.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
If your kids like games - you could always get a new card game. The ones from Gamewright are the best.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks for ideas on things for a baby's stocking!!! :) I have made note of them all!

One idea on men's stockings - DH always enjoys it when I buy a package of summer sausage to slip in there. It doesn't have to be refrigerated - which is great!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ordered a retractable mouse for DD's laptop - Pink! $5 on Ebay.. this'll go in the stocking stuffers.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
These are some great ideas. Isn't it great that we are all buzzing along with our stocking fillers? I feel that if as least this is done I can concentrate on other things.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
For the men in your life...

Basically just things that need to be restocked in a tool box or workbench. Every few years I fill up the stockings with all kinds of tape...electrical, packing, masking, duct, painter's, etc. Individual packets of crazy glue, wood glue, twine, etc....I also keep an eye out for cool gadgets like a stud finder or automatic level or a new box cutter. Check the clearance aisle in your local hardware store! Don't forget the ladies. Last year my Aunt requested these for her stocking (she had just moved). I added an electric screwdriver (on sale for $9.99). It was a hit! Also, around the holidays you can usually find packets of AA batteries that come with a tiny screwdriver...VERY helpful for dad's assembling toys on Christmas!

If your DH likes golf, maybe a GC to a driving range? a new golf towel, balls, tees, glove.

One year I gave my DH, Dad and Brother a collection of "best" sports movies. Some to consider are:

Golf: Caddyshack, Tin Cup, Happy Gilmore, Legend of Bagger Vance and Bobby Jones - Stroke of Genius

Basketball: Hoosiers, Glory Road, Coach Carter

Baseball: Bull Durham, Field of Dream, The Natural, For the Love of the Game, Major League, Fever Pitch (especially for Red Sox fans), A League of Their Own, etc.

Football: Rudy, Remember the Titans, Brian's Song, the Replacements, The Longest yard, Friday Night Lights

Soccer: Bend it Like Beckham, Fever Pitch

Hockey: Miracle, Slap Shot, The Rocket, The Mighty Ducks

Tennis: Wimbledon, Match Point

Boxing: Raging Bull, Cinderella man, Million Dollar Baby, Rocky

Car Racing: Days of Thunder, Cars, The Dale Earnhardt Story, Le Mans

Running/Track: Steve Prefontaine: Fire on the Track, Chariots of Fire, Endurance

Rugby: Invictus (I don't know any others)

Can't think of any more, but many of these can be found in the bargain bins or on sale for $7.50 or less at places like Target.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Well..... this is brilliant!!! To actually finish something in July..... that is often done late at night on Christmas Eve!!!! Brilliant!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Colleen....What a great list. I did not realize there were so many sports DVD's out there.
I bought some very cheap but nice DVD's today to wrap up for the kids for CIJ.

Feeling really confident at the moment. As SN says I am normally panicking a bit about the stocking fillers and I will have them done by July. Remarkable really !!!!!

Last edited: