July is Stocking Stuffers Month!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Don't forget this month is Stocking Stuffers Month with a goal to finish your stocking stuffers by July 31st!

How are you doing? Are you almost there?

I'm not....I really need to get busy with it because believe it or not getting these finished early last year was a stress reliever later on!

:rudolph:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I agree that earlier is better when it comes to Stocking Stuffers. If I leave it to the last minute, I find that it gets very expensive as you run around picking up this and that. Much better to have a plan early on when you can take the time to pick up little bargains.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Eek!! Haven't started... must get on to it...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not doing so great in that department. Think I'll go through the gift closet this weekend & the stocking stuffer box to see what I've got.

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I dont have much for stockings either - just two eyeshadows for my daughter bought on a sale at CVS - must concentrate on those.

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
In our family we get trial sizes for stocking stuffers. I find that Target has the best selection around here. That way you can try new products (lotions etc) or get old favorites and they are all consumable so they don't leave lots of clutter behind. It works better for girls because they have a ton of body washes and lotions and everything is purse size, but there are some guy things like shaving gel and men's body wash. We all get different toothpastes to try too and clorox wipes to take to work and clean up there. Then we just throw in one or two cute things or small gifts that will fit. I usually only have to make one trip and all my stuffers are done.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
LOL I have a huge recyclable grocery bag full of stuff from the dollar bins. It's getting almost to heavy to lift, I collect stuff for adult pinata's
could use some guy stuff though, going to have a little grandson and his dad here for Christmas

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
In our family we get trial sizes for stocking stuffers. I find that Target has the best selection around here. That way you can try new products (lotions etc) or get old favorites and they are all consumable so they don't leave lots of clutter behind. It works better for girls because they have a ton of body washes and lotions and everything is purse size, but there are some guy things like shaving gel and men's body wash. We all get different toothpastes to try too and clorox wipes to take to work and clean up there. Then we just throw in one or two cute things or small gifts that will fit. I usually only have to make one trip and all my stuffers are done.

Stocking stuffers for men can be tricky so I was happy to find this list of ideas:

http://thelifeoflulubelle.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/50-christmas-stocking-ideas-for-men/

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for the link Pamela... boys & men are so hard to find things for.

LetItSnow

Retire Member
Aug 13, 2010
My husband and oldest son went to the fireworks show last night while I stayed home with the three youngest...so I took the opportunity to use up some gift cards and finish the stocking stuffers! I've been collecting throughout the year. I'll probably buy a couple filler items when it gets closer and I know which sizes will work best (socks, underwear, onesies for the babies), but everything else is done! It's nice not having to think about it anymore!

When I don't have stocking stuffers done in time, I like to hit the end of summer clearance and pick up pool toys that can also be used in the bathtub. I can get quite a bit of stuff for next to nothing.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
This is the last weekend but Bath and Body works has a clearance sale going on - up 75% off certain scents. Picked up some full size body washes and lotions from $2.74 to $4 each to use as stocking stuffers.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I buy stocking stuffers year round...especially during back to school sales! Pens, pencils, markers, tape, post-its etc. can be used by all. One year I gave all of the "guys" all different kinds of tape (scotch, masking, duct, electrical, painters, etc.) they loved it. One year I gave everyone a set of mini-Sharpie markers (found on clearance)...my SILs have actaully asked for repeats.

How about fancy insulated cups for hot or cold drinks? (I don't leave the house without mine) I saw three packs at Home Goods the other day - some had funky designs, others had local sports teams...the pack was $9.99, so $3.33 a piece.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
jULY IS STOCKING STUFFER MONTH

Today I started getting my stocking stuffers together for each person by putting them in a ziploc bag-great idea whoever suggested it-I was surprised how much I had-just have a few more things to buy for the men-have gotten most of my stuff from the $1.00 bins at Walmart and also the .99 stuff from Avon-feels good to have always all of this done.

woman

:rudolph:

Reactions: 1 person

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Sounds like you all have such a great plan going. We have all the kids and grand kids here for Christmas Eve every year and they go to their in- laws for Christmas Day. Then my siblings and all our families don't get together until the first Saturday in January. So DH and I don't do stockings. Kind of sad huh!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got myself organized this weekend! I have a collection of small paper bags (the kind with handles you get from places like Starbucks or Hallmark to carry your small purchases) that I save to use every year for organizing my stuffers.

I have them all set up on a shelf in the spare room downstairs and the stuffers I've gotten already are in the bag for each person. Now I just have to keep working on filling them!!!

Got some deals by picking up cheap back to school sale items at Walmart this weekend. Others were free samples I've ordered. Still working on ideas for the rest...