July Monthly Family Breakfast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
After a few months break, we're planning on having breakfast on Saturday. The theme is, of course, Christmas in July. I'm going to serve the usual stuff-bacon and eggs, pancakes and sausage, biscuits and gravy, juice and coffee...

I'm going to use my Christmas dishes and a red or green tablecloth..not sure which yet. I have a little wire Christmas tree that I'm going to put the boys' salt dough ornaments on, tied on with satin ribbon. I'll have my year round tree decorated with them, too hopefully.

I plan to force my side of the family to draw names for Christmas this year..you know we do stockings, so that's always fun. I'll let you know how things go...hopefully I'll remember to take pictures this time, and I'll post them on the Rudy Day blog!

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
What is stuff-bacon and eggs???????????????

Christmas3
:package: :package: :package:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Sounds great! It's a great idea to exchange names now. :package:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
When I said "usual stuff-bacon and eggs" I mean the things we usually have...bacon and eggs, etc

Yes, we draw names and fill stockings. We have 22 in our family (my brothers and their families, my mom and my bunch) so several years ago we eliminated big gifts and just "do" stockings!

Sorry things weren't clear!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Your family breakfast always sound so wonderful cathymac! I love to hear the details, how you are decorating the table and the linen etc

:flower:

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Cathymac your breakfast with your family sounds wonderful... I think this is something my/and DH's family would enjoy... everyone loves breakfast...LOL

I really like the stocking idea too... I might toss that idea around with the inlaws, becuase on dhs side with his mom, step dad, our family and his 4 sisters plus there spouses and all the kids theres 22 too...LOL

Thanks for the great ideas and I cant wait to see pics...

;-)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cathymac said:
After a few months break, we're planning on having breakfast on Saturday. The theme is, of course, Christmas in July. I'm going to serve the usual stuff-bacon and eggs, pancakes and sausage, biscuits and gravy, juice and coffee...

Okay, I have to ask: Do you pour gravy over top of biscuits? What kind of gravy? Is this a common thing? I've been trying to come up with things to feed my husband for breakfast without giving him and egg sandwich or a muffin every morning.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
I forget that everyone is not southern! Yes, you make a cream (or milk, as my grandmother used to call it) gravy, using the drippings from the sausage, and then just pour it over the biscuits. I like to open my biscuit, put eggs and bacon and/or sausage on top of that and then spoon the gravy down over that. It's so good. I take it for granted that everyone knows about biscuits and gravy! And no, I don't make homemade biscuits...Pillsbury makes a really good frozen one...just pop them in the oven and bake, no thawing required!

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
FrostyShimmer:

Fry up some sausage, crumble, drain....reserve some a the grease. Make a gravy w/grease, milk & flour. Return crumbled sausage to gravy in pan...Heat through. Season to taste. Pour over halved biscuits. Yummy! So good.

Pippi ;-)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow, my husband would love that. lol, I had never heard of that before but will be trying it one of these mornings. Thanks for the "new to me" idea!

Isn't it amazing how different regions have their own specialties? I once told someone I was making "grunt" for dessert and they had no idea what I was talking about.

:bigsnow:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we had to postpone breakfast. We'll be doing it next Saturday in combination with DSgoingtobe7's birthday party...so it'll be a family breakfast Christmas in July birthday party. :haha:

Swimming, biscuits and gravy, birthday cake and Christmas trees! Gotta love it! :santalol: