JumpStart January Schedule 2008

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Iluvsantasandsnowmen

Retire Member
Oct 27, 2007
In the state of confusion still...
Today I am going to clean and straighten under my sink. then go and look for some organizing shelves!!
Wish me luck!! I have been planning on doing this for a very long time. I can not find anything under there!! LOL
Barbara

Kate

MHH Member
Dec 31, 2007
:heartsNY: Was I actually supposed to be done with the front porch by the 13th? I better get crackin!

Front Porch To Do:
  • sweep
    buy flower pots & put in tulip bulbs
    Replace front mat
    take down the rest of outdoor Christmas - how in the world did i miss that?
    mulch for the flower bed
    Change out flowers in stand
    get a Mardi Gras wreath
    replace flagpole

I think that's it. I actually rearranged the back porch last weekend. It's not done, but it's getting there. I need plants and flowers. I'm so sad right now and that's what is missing at my new house :(

I can probably give about half of this list to DS7, who was iun big trouble at school yesterday :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Are we posting before and after pics?

Kate

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Here's my tentative schedule:

1/13 List week - Front Porch - Entry Foyer
1/20 Question week - Living Room
1/27 Dining Room - Gazebo - Back Patio
2/03 Den - Hallway Bath
2/10 Kitchen
2/17 Pantry - Linen Closet - Nook
2/24 Media Room
3/02 Tea Room - Library
3/09 Master Bedroom
3/16 Master Bedroom
3/23 Attic
3/30 Family Room
4/06 Spare Bedroom
4/13 Office
4/20 Laundry room - Powder Room - Master Bathroom

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I don't have a 'front porch', yet! So here are pictures of my 2 front entries- 'before'. Taking pictures is a good idea beacause I see how awful it really looks-and I'm bable to look at the pictures and see what should or should not be there! Hopefully I can post a big change after!
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh150/mrssprat/

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
Below is my "Week of Room/Fpcus"

WEEK OF ROOM/FOCUS

Jan 13th List Week (Front Porch)
Jan. 20th Question Week (Living Room)
Jan.27th Entry Foyer / Hallway
Feb. 3rd Master Bedroom
Feb. 10th Bathrooms
Feb. 17th Kids Rooms
Feb. 24th Office / Craft Room
March 2nd Kitchen
March 9th Closets
March 16th Back Porch (I don’t have a family room)
March 23rd Put away Easter decor
March 30th Garage
April 6th Laundry Room / Pantry (my pantry is in the Laundry Room)
April 13th Dining Room
April 20th Free Choice/Finish up

As you can see I have left almmost everything the same (it makes it easier if I'm on the same page as most)

I am working on my checklist for this week and will post as soon as I am through.

Santa Elf Eddie

Grannyloveschristmas

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
South East of UK
Here's my list tweaked to fit our home. I am so excited, i'm starting as i mean to go on - so this should be my first truely organized year :flower:

WEEK OF ROOM/FOCUS

[] Jan 13th List Week (Front Porch)
[] Jan. 20th Question Week (Living Room)
[] Jan.27th Entry Foyer
[] Feb. 3rd Master Bedroom
[] Feb. 10th Master Bedroom (need 2 weeks as most of my crafts are stored here!)
[] Feb. 17th Kids Room
[] Feb. 24th Kids Room
[] March 2nd Kitchen
[] March 9th Pantry & Closets
[]March 16th Family Room
[] March 23rd Put away Easter decor
[] March 30th Outside sheds, back garden
[] April 6th Attic/hallway cupboards
[] April 13th Master Bathroom/catch up (shouldn't be too much, decorated for christmas
[] April 20th Free Choice/Finish up

Iluvsantasandsnowmen

Retire Member
Oct 27, 2007
In the state of confusion still...
Hey all, I was going to clean my front room which is my laundry/ dog room. But the Dog Speckles is her name, but we have been calling her Stinky cuz she rolls in something!! This will be the 3rd bath of the week!! So that's where I am off too. Then I can clean the room after I wash her Stinky Bed!!
\She smells so BAD!!!
:sad:

NoTime

Retire Member
Oct 28, 2007
We have so much snow etc on our porches, I think I will wait and do this the last week, hopefully by then it will be spring weather and easier to do ;-)

Pipster

MHH Member
Dec 28, 2007
Sherwood Forest
I too have decided to clean the porch out later we've had high winds and rain on and off fo the past 2 weeks. I perfer to wait until calmer weather to start sweeping the leaflets don't think my neighbours would be too happy if i did it today!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
We got snow yesterday and it's still coming! I'm glad I got some clean up done on the weekend. Major stuff like painting and fixing the step was going to have to wait until spring anyway-so I will do the front of our porch/mud room and work on craft projects for steps! :bigsnow:

jaznic

Retire Member
Jan 15, 2008
Victoria, Australia
www.recipetalk.com
I can't wait to start this....it's just what I need (we moved here 4 months ago and I am sick of looking at boxes!!) I've tried in past years to complete the plan, but failed miserably....I am way too hard on myself!!!

Here is my schedule adapted to our home.

Jan 13: Front/Entry/List week
Jan 20: Main bedroom
Jan 27: DD's bedroom
Feb 3: Office
Feb 10: Away on holidays to Queensland!!!!! :party:
Feb 17: Laundry
Feb 24: Kitchen
Mar 2: Pantry/Fridge/Freezer
Mar 9: Family/Dining
Mar 16: Rumpus
Mar 23: Ensuite
Mar 30: Walk in robe
Apr 6: Bathroom and Toilet
Apr 13: Spare bedroom
Apr 20: Free choice....probably office.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Front Porch done. I don't do any decorations until spring when I put out the plants in the house (one 6 foot bay tree and a huge begonia).

This was easy for me. We live in a new house, the porch is small and I had it cleaned when the snow came. Now the winter wind has been helpful in keeping it clean. We are have some deep freeze weather, was -11 last night and not much better today.

If the weather is nicer (anything above 25) on Mondays I run the leaf blower over the porch, sidewalks and do the garage. It takes all of 3 minutes so the porch stays fairly clean.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
No porch! and it's too cold to work outside here in Canada.... so instead I printed out my list of chores for this year. I make a grand cleanup per year (that's enough, 2 kids + working full time.. don't have time for more).

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I have started planning for my birthday cookout which is in July, my second harvest dinner party in October, and of course Christmas. All of my lists are completed as far a Christmas goes. My plans for the cookout are coming along fine as well. I still have to plan what I want to do for the Harvest dinner.

I live in an apartment so I don't have a front porch to do. Management provides a cleaning service to come and vacuum the carpet and clean the steps in the stairwell.

santamama

MHH Member
Haven't done much thiss week. I've the Womand of Moderation study from Midday connectio, so today I cleaning out my kitchen cabinets to rid it of dangerous foods. :party:

koalagirl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
All right ladies, I'm going to jump right in and get started with this! I always feel so encouraged whenever I visit this forum! Yes, this is a great start to a great new year!!

:jumpinghearts:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
@ koalagirl: I agree with you. It helps a lot to stay on the ball.

I´ve still writing my lists (like to bring the HGP and the HHP together and include some declutter sections (so about 90 scopes ;) ) and I´m working on my living room.

It was a good idea to write in a blanc calendar with small boxes for every day. It works better than lists for me at the moment.

Kate

MHH Member
Dec 31, 2007
Woo Hoo! I was off for MLK Day and cleaned/organized my laundry/utility. Need to work in one pantry, but it's very infrequently used stuff, so no biggie.

I think I'll do counter-clockwise through my house, except the garage which is full of in-laws' stuff:

1. Pantries/Utility - all done :)
2. Kitchen - Need to finish emptying/sorting cabinets. SIL's china is taking up a huge chunk of space so mine is in boxes in my bedroom :help: Need to arrange dishes in a manner that I can handle. Have already moved coffee cups and supplies over the coffee pot. Would like to put lunch & breakfast junk in a cabinet too.
3. Dining Nook - Need to clean out the "china hutch," hang my hanging basket, put out the linens, figure out where to put the 2 extra dining table chairs. Need to find a home for Scout supplies.
4. Living Room - Need a chair! Need to organize my computer area/office nook. Need to find another place to fold laundry :slap: Need to vac daily!
5. Entry - Need to move in-laws' stuff from closet so my family can use it.
6. DD3's room - hang shelves, fix bookcase, cull toys & clothes, hang pictures.
7. DS7's room - hang shelves, posters, pics, cull toys, organize closet, replace dresser hardware, cull clothes, move in desk and hook up pc.

* need to cull everyone's clothes, toys, and store off-season. Vac bags in the garage??

8. MY room - finish putting my chest of drawers together, replace nightstand, hang shelves & pics, install closet maid organizer.
9. My bath - DH to paint so I can decorate! Replace wastebasket?
10. Kids' bath - DH to paint. Finsih getting frag stuff. Install towel bars and fixtures.
11. Hallway - Hang pics.

I'm seeing a theme here :)