June 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
A pair of dressy flip flops (?) and a t-shirt.

I'm also working on a bag of sample sizes/unused toiletries to donate to the women's shelter at the international rally.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Today I dropped off at Goodwill:
* A tablecloth (was my Mom's)- put tablecloth in a clear, plastic zippered bag that sheets came in
* A sweatshirt (was my Mom's)
* A bag filled with plastic Easter eggs
* A flower pot shaped like a little house
* Several cups
* Some left over beads from a crafting project- put in a nice container
* A water bottle
* A stuffed animal
* A big, steel can with a lid (the kind you get at the holidays filled with pretzels, popcorn, etc)

I had another red and green plaid tablecloth. I pulled it out of the donation box. Just the memories of my mom using it at Christmas.
It's not even that nice but the memories got the better of me.

My SIL and I had a long talk the other night about dealing with our parents items. She has now lost her mom, dad, and step dad.
We talked about how sometimes you can't let an item go but then at a later time you may be ok with it.
We have to show ourselves grace when dealing with loved ones belongings.

Annie

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
At my bridal shower (1976) my mother gave me a long, thin beige cotton robe. It has never left my bathroom door and DH knows better than to mention it at this point.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My SIL and I had a long talk the other night about dealing with our parents items. She has now lost her mom, dad, and step dad.
We talked about how sometimes you can't let an item go but then at a later time you may be ok with it.
We have to show ourselves grace when dealing with loved ones belongings.
This is a good point. I am very sentimental so I know I will struggle with letting go of some things when the time calls for it.