June 2024 Menu Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Here we go! Almost half-way to Christmas ... The menus we create now will come in handy for reference as we all get busy with the upcoming holidays.

June 2 - 8, 2024
Sunday
chicken fajitas, Spanish rice
Monday: large salad with berries, nuts, blue cheese, deviled eggs, crackers or toast
Tuesday: sliced ham (from freezer), baked sweet potato, tossed salad
Wednesday: tomato soup, grilled cheese
Thursday: grilled salmon, rice, coleslaw
Friday: pizza, tossed salad
Saturday: Concert in the Park -- tentative: Italian sub sandwiches, pasta salad, charcuterie, and wine (lots of wine). The venue allows coolers, lawn chairs, your own food and beverages, and they bring in food trucks, too. Just no sharp objects (so will need to slice the sandwiches ahead of time) or open flames. Will need to coordinate with others who are attending with me.

Reactions: halimer and jampss

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My meal items this week:

Breakfast: Cinnamon raisin bagles with cream cheese
Lunch: Frito pie- kind of like a modified chili served over frito corn chips
Dinners: spaghetti with meat sauce
Kielbasa packets- slices of kielbasa, red potatoes, onion, red pepper cooked in foil packet
My usual baked salmon with a veggie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I am using up stuff in panty/freezer the next few days. Then I will shop for easy peasy things the guys can make as they will be fending for themselves for about two weeks. I am going down to visit my dad June 7-16. His bday is 12 and then there's Father's Day. Currently, my stepma is gone up to Chicago to visit with family. My dad elected not to travel with his bad back/knee ... but is considering it for September.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are definitely into Winter here now so the meals have changed. I see a lot of soups and casseroles in our future.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
June 9 - 16, 2024
Sunday:
charcuterie, veggies with dip (leftovers from the concert)
Monday: salad, part of All American sub sandwich (turkey, ham, american cheese)
Tuesday: Italian pasta salad, veggies & dip
Wednesday: charcuterie, veggies with dip
Thursday: Italian pasta salad, remainder of Italian sub sandwish, veggies & dip
Saturday: burgers on the grill, roasted potatoes, veggies & dip
Sunday: terriyaki chicken shish ka bob, grilled veggies, rice

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
For this week, my meal plan is:

Breakfasts: plain greek yogurt, fresh raspberries, sliced almonds, a drizzle of honey
Plus I am making a banana bread for a Monday morning meeting

Lunches: King's Ranch Chicken Casserole (like a tex-mex enchilada casserole)

Dinners: Spicy sausage foil packets- spicy sausage, red potatoes, onion, red bell pepper cooked up in foil packets.
Salmon with steamed brocolli.
Have a couple of dinners out and Thursday- Symphony in the park. We will bring charcuterie.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
June 9 - 16, 2024
Sunday:
charcuterie, veggies with dip (leftovers from the concert)
Monday: salad, part of All American sub sandwich (turkey, ham, american cheese)
Tuesday: Italian pasta salad, veggies & dip
Wednesday: charcuterie, veggies with dip
Thursday: Italian pasta salad, remainder of Italian sub sandwish, veggies & dip
Saturday: burgers on the grill, roasted potatoes, veggies & dip
Sunday: terriyaki chicken shish ka bob, grilled veggies, rice
Those leftovers are serving you well!!!!!

I brought a can of salmon with me and tonight I'm making patties. YUM

Reactions: Lori K and halimer

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Let me know if it is good. Dh picked up several cans of salmon at Costco when he could not find the red canned salmon I like. I think the crows like the can I put out for them.

Reactions: jampss and halimer

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh, I love this and I make it weekly which is why I thought I would bring a can (Aldi's brand) with me and make for my dad. Tonight I just diced up white onion. At home, I'll use my green onions from the garden. I have put pickled jalapenos in them before. And I always toss in shredded cheddar cheese! I use soy sauce if I don't have worcestershire sauce.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Wow! Half of June is already over ...

June 16 - 23, 2024
Sunday:
revised menu from what I posted last week -- burgers, mac salad
Monday: terriyaki chicken shish ka bob, grilled veggies, rice
Tuesday: hot dogs on the grill, mac salad
Wednesday: cottage cheese and fruit plate, toast
Thursday: widows group monthly dinner
Friday: wedding (a long-time friend's son)
Saturday: pizza, salad
Sunday: ribs, baked potato, salad or coleslaw (Will start ribs in the crock pot and finish them on the grill, since I'll be away at a brunch / baby shower for the son of a boating friend who married another boating friend's daughter. These two met on the dock when they were early elementary age, and grew up spending summer weekends together on the dock, but never dated until after they were both out of college. They married 2 years ago and are now expecting their first baby.)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

The salmon patties were pretty good. I will make them again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Reactions: halimer and Lori K

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
mac salad
Thought I'd share this Macaroni Salad recipe. If it belongs elsewhere, please let me know and I'll move it.

Don't remember where I originally found the recipe, but I think it's the closest to what you get at the deli counter. It's very scalable to your family size or event where it will be served, and you can add or subtract veggies based on what you like and/or have in your crisper drawers.

Deli-Style Macaroni Salad
Serves 6-8, depending on appetite

8 oz dry macaroni shells, cooked al dente and drained

1/2 c. white vinegar
1/2 c. sugar

1/2 c. diced green pepper
2 tsp celery seed (I use less)
1/4 to 1/2 c. mayonnaise (or to taste; I start with 2 scoops and add more, if needed)
Optional: diced celery, diced onion, diced carrots, and/or diced peppers of other colors

Prepare macaroni, per package directions, cooked al dente. Drain and cool.

Mix vinegar and sugar in a sauce pan. Heat until sugar is dissolved, but do not boil. Put macaroni in a bowl or zip-top bag and pour vinegar sauce over it. Mix well and let it sit for at least 2 hours (or even refrigerate overnight), mixing occasionally to ensure that all noodles can absorb some of the flavor.

While macaroni and vinegar sauce is "stewing", chop your veggies fairly finely. I use a box chopper and use the small cutting grate. Drain off any remaining vinegar sauce and return noodles to the bowl. Stir in veggies, mayo, and celery seed to taste. Increase mayo, if needed, and stir well to coat everything.

Chill before serving.

NOTE: I like extra veggies in mine. So, for tonite, I added (mostly from the leftovers of the veggie tray from last weekend's concert) about 6 celery sticks, 6 or so slices of red, yellow, and orange bell pepper, 4 thin-cut carrot coins, and about 3/4 of a small yellow onion and an additional 1/4 of a small green pepper. In total, I'd guess 1 to 1 1/2 c. veggies. I used about 1/2 - 3/4 tsp celery seed; for me, 2 tsp (from the original recipe) is too much.

Reactions: halimer

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Thank you, Lori!
That exact salad is on my "To Try" recipes for the summer!
My mom used to make a huge bowl of it that we would eat for days!

Looking back, I wonder if those were the times when money was a bit tight and she was trying to make something that would last.

Reactions: halimer and Lori K

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Looking back, I wonder if those were the times when money was a bit tight and she was trying to make something that would last.
I just hate paying deli counter prices for something so simple. This recipe, with the vinegar and sugar brine, seems to be the closest I've found to what I'd get at my local deli. And, really, it's so simple to make and can be adjusted to include whatever you like in your mac salad.

Reactions: halimer