June 20th - Kids Room/Craft Room/Office

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
If you have ALL these rooms...... this could be a pretty tough week!

I will be working on the Office this week.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Wow... we're up to here already!

Hmmm... looks like this is my motivation to get my older daughter's big bed assembled for her. The biggest challenge is going to be getting her to sleep in it by herself. Aside from that, my younger daughter's room is not too hard, and the toy room is ok as well.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
WHEW! I DO have all these rooms!

The baby's room is actually pretty good for the moment. Although, my goal this week is to get in his closet and clear out all the clothes that are too small - want to be them in a tote and in storage.

There is also a carseat in the closet that someone gave us but it is expired now - plus the baby is so long that he really needs to be out of infant car seats now anyway.

The point is, I have some decluttering to do in his closet! :)

Craft Room/Office is the same room for us and it needs some TLC. I don't know how much it will get this week but if nothing else I'd like to tidy up the contents of the shelves - dust them, etc. That would improve things in there I think!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
There is sure a lot of stuff in our office!!! I think I will grab a trash bag and go in!!!!! So far... this looks like a quiet week! (Sshhhhh! I don't want to draw attention to that! I'll try to be very quiet and just keep working! Maybe "Real Life" won't notice what I'm doing!!)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I've been off the plan the last couple of weeks. With all my company gone now, I'm ready to jump back in!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Great, AnnieClaus! You HAVE been really busy.... for a long time! A little decluttering can be soothing.... as long as we don't try to do EVERYTHING at once!!!

I do not usually try to do decluttering during summer. (I USUALLY just try to stay alive during summer.) HOWEVER........ I am ADDING moderate amounts of decluttering this summer... and it is NICE not to feel that I am slipping backward, during the summer months!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday, June 23rd. Summer has just officially begun.... and it is close to 100 degrees on the east coast, USA. When you figure in the humidity..... it is SO BAD! I spent some time going through paperwork.... and watching TV. Although I wasn't IN the office, paperwork is definitely work FOR the office!

Did I mention that I have been keeping a "decluttering journal" this summer? Just so I can leaf through it and remind myself of the progress I have made.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thursday Morning, June 24th!!!! Yesterday, I stayed inside and worked on decluttering paperwork. Although I watched TV while I sorted.... I DID NOT take real breaks! I got "BURNED OUT". And bad, bad, bad CABIN FEVER! IN SPITE of the fact that I KNOW BETTER! Yikes!!!

And...... I SUSPECT that this is the kind of thing that makes people feel overwhelmed by Christmas..... and even (gasp!) look forward to it al being over for the year!!!!!

Today.... I will try to take GOOD breaks! REAL breaks! And be reasonable in the goals I set for myself!!!!!!!!

ALSO.... tomorrow is JUNE RUDY DAY, people!!!! June Rudy Weekend -- if we so choose! What about having some fun??????

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I did clear one small pile yesterday. And emptied out a drawer. So not great progress, but progress nonetheless.....I am aiming for a good bit of time off while DD is in school/crehce over the next few months and getting really stuck in then....

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh No!! It's Friday night and I've completely forgotten to arrange anything for my daughter's room!! Will have to see if I can get it done on the weekend LOL!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Saquilla - Don't worry! By doing ANYTHING we are ahead!!! Doing a bit on the weekend will be more than fine!

Today.... Saturday... I have MOSTLY been doing "real life" stuff. Gardening, shopping, cooking, having friends over -- keeping up with each day's requirements! Yesterday was a welcome break in the heat and humidity!

And.. each day... I have been working on paperwork -- things from the office. I can actually see progress now. THAT is encouraging. Every little bit DOES help!
Winged One -- time to work at home -- while your daughter is busy/happy elsewhere -- I bet you'll get a lot done!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OH GOODY!!!!! Look at what is scheduled for our next week: "Extra Room/Catch Up!!!" Just what we need!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Phew! My daughter's room is now EMPTY!!! I've swept it out and now I just need to keep it that way until I get the floor coverings sorted.

:D

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
SparkleNana, thats such a great idea, to keep a declutter journal. I'm gonna have to steal that idea. Thanks!!!!