June 6 - June 12 All Bathrooms

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am going away for a week or so and internet service will be spotty -- if available at all. So I am going to post this week early.

We get to design our own Summer HGP Schedule -- since each home is different. There are rooms on the plan that we don't have. Bathroom - yeah, we got bathroom! In my case, the bathrooms just need regular maintenance. Good - since I will not be here for some of this week.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Since SparkleNana is on vacay I wanted to bump this up for anyone that is doing the SummerHGP w/ us.

Bathrooms. fun :) Some ladies here on the Chit Chat forum clean bathrooms on Tuedsday and since Toilet Tuesday didn't sound like fun we call is Tuesday's in Paris so we will spend this week in Paris together.

I cleaned mine this weekend and they have all been painted w/in the last yr. So mostly I will empty out the cabinets and clean up/organize them.

-I have the material cut for curtains for the boys bathroom. My machine is broken but the neighbor said a long time ago she will sow them for me so I need to catch up w/ her and see if she can.

-I want to find a Paris themed item to go in the downstairs bathroom.

nothing too big for this one for me.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
We did a massive "clean sweep" in the master bathroom and master closet this weekend. DH really pitched in. He got all of the really high spots and scrubbed the tile like he was on a mission. (note to self: I need to ask for his help more often!!!)

I still need to clean the hall bathroom and powder room tomorrow.

I love the "Tuesdays in Paris" idea! Too funny!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
glad you had hubby to help, teamwork always makes the job better.

i need to:
1/2 bath-clean out cabinet and magazines.

Boys' bath- clean out cabinet.
-get curtain make
-cont. to look for decorations. \
-get and hang new towel bar

Mater bath- clean out under sink
-clean out small wall cabinet
-clean out med. wall cabinet
-get and hang new towel bar

of course scrub every thing in all of them.
Find a Paris themed item for the 1/2 bath

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We got home from our trip today. We began our drive at 3:00 am. So.... I will not be doing much cleaning today. I WILL do... laundry and unpacking. And... emergency watering for the baby plants.

Tomorrow -- I will begin work on the 1 and 1/2 baths. Trash pickup is early Friday morning. So.... I want to get as much trash out of the house as possible.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Both days this weekend are supposed to be VERY humid and very very hot!!! So...... I will be working INSIDE on Saturday and Sunday! Perfect days for detail work in the 1 and 1/2 baths!!!! Water...... Pine Sol...... clean towels....... refreshing!

I believe that I will put a fresh flower or two in each bathroom, when they are finished!!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oh -- and on Monday, June 13, we turn to the Master Bedroom. If I have extra time this weekend -- I will begin there!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
While I did not scrub the bathrooms completly I did go through all the cabinets and under the sink cabinets so that's good. Refolded towels that were a mess, found out I do not need any cleaning supplies for a while. LOL threw out some old makeup and cleaners and resorted the nail polish by color.
i didn't get the towel bars yet b/c I havn't seen what I want yet. Next week is such a busy week for me b/c it's the last week of school and there are awards ceremonies, 1/2 days and other stuff that week. We'll see how it goes. If I can just get a good clean up in there and save the master closet for another day. That's also my gift closet so it's need some work

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Piratemamaof3boys - you did good! Today..... I did NOT work in the bathrooms. Lots of running around -- errands and graduation ceremony. Some work in the garden. I am really hoping to work on the bathrooms tomorrow!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I took a trash bag into the bathrooms and went through the medicine cabinets. Each time... I am able to get rid of a few more things.

Next week, we will be working in the master bedrooms. My large trash bag is not nearly full -- so I will keep it with me today.... trying to get an item or two from each room.

It is almost 80 degrees right now -- and it is not even 8:00 in the morning! YIKES!

Well..... remember the story of the tortoise and the hare.