June Declutter Club 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll still answer even though it May 31st ;)

Dropped off 2 boxes at the thrift store... 1 was all crib bedding when the kids were young and one was a mix of kids' books and puzzles.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It's June here!!!!. I would love to get what I have decluttered to the charity bins or a shop but there are none opened. The shed is full of stuff from DH fathers house and the bags that I have decluttered, time for a clean up.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 box of books from the attic is going to the thrift store in a few minutes... it was marked 'garage sale' on it so out it goes. Added a few cheap framed pictures to that box too.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have set a date for the family to declutter the garage with me on Wednesday. Thrift stores and donation centers are still closed. I've been saving boxes from online deliveries. Once the garage gets cleaned up, I will pack up the things sitting in the basement and move it to the garage. It will be one more step closer to getting donated once places open up again.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So my daughter has been running a non profit since she was 16. We have 8 years of stuff and a ton of donation stored in her old bedroom. She decided to finally stop and move on, so as much as I hate to say goodbye to that chapter and the work, I'll be happy to unload a TON of stuff in that room. It takes up sooooo much space and without a garage or an attic, we are just always moving stuff and rearranging to make room when she visits or we need that bed! So here's to another project over the next two months!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think DH needs to go through his closet side and dresser!!! ;)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Another trash bag full of donations and another box.

Mary - I've been saving all the delivery boxes too;)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, the family and I went through the sports and outdoor activity shelves in our garage yesterday. We got rid of a lot of broken items. A few boxes of donations are sitting in the garage. That was a job that I've been dreaming of doing for months. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got the old dvr sent to dd's house so my cousin can pick it up.
Got an email, someone wants dh's old desk... she should be picking it up Wednesday.... hopefully she doesn't change her mind. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Had to pull more of DS clothes, he is growing way to fast. He has already had to pull 3/4 of his clothes because he outgrew them. I foresee a huge back to school shopping trip for him this year.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I foresee a huge back to school shopping trip for him this year.
If he is growing that I would do minimal clothes shopping and see if the growth spurts stop. It would be a shame to have him out grow new clothes. My kids were required gym shoes every year so I would have them bring the gym shoes home at Christmas break and get them a new pair of gym shoes to return to school. They wore the shoes they brought home everyday and when school was out the had the gym shoes to wear for everyday. I did this because they were bringing home" like new" shoes home at the end of the school year that were too small.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
If he is growing that I would do minimal clothes shopping and see if the growth spurts stop. It would be a shame to have him out grow new clothes. My kids were required gym shoes every year so I would have them bring the gym shoes home at Christmas break and get them a new pair of gym shoes to return to school. They wore the shoes they brought home everyday and when school was out the had the gym shoes to wear for everyday. I did this because they were bringing home" like new" shoes home at the end of the school year that were too small.

He has grown over 3 inches since last July already … I am hoping his growing slows down a bit but so far it's not showing any signs of that. We had to go buy him 7 pairs of athletic shorts in the past few weeks so he could have a clean pair for each day of the week because NONE of his old shorts fit him anymore.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Had a box of old bathroom accessories (nice one that were expensive at the time), ddil is taking the green ones with leaf design. Will give the pink ones to mom whenever we go.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As far as I am aware the charity bins are still closed and the shopfronts are not accepting donations. I have 5 or 6 bags still here from when I cleaned out earlier in the year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Took 4 bags of clothes to dniece this weekend and 1 bag of bathroom accessories to mom. It was all int he closet ready to be delivered for a long time.