June Declutter Club 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Have a box of things from the basement I already took out to the garage.

Currently there is a big pile of junk in the middle of the kitchen floor. Taking a break then will box it all up. Happy news- I actually have a empty drawer in my kitchen!!!!! I tried to be ruthless in my kitchen and hall pantry. But a few things were moms or grandmas and I can’t part with them.

I had a conversation with my cousin on cemetery day about canning jars. I still need to check what I have in the big garage. I’ll give her what ever she wants. I’m not using them. Will make my husband happy.

Our Goodwills and the Mennonite thrift shops are open and taking donations. We keep hoping they will start up the junk auction so we can run a load out there to sell.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Still waiting for opportunity to get it out the door. I will call the YWCA and see if they are doing pick up yet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Dropped off a bag of dh's clothes (he doesn't know I took things from his closet which I'm sure he won't notice) and some blankets at the homeless shelter.
Dropped off old computer at a cw's house, he can do what he wants with it I do not want it back

DecemberisComing

Premiere Member
Jun 22, 2020
Illinois
My local township government is offering their annual electronics disposal day this Saturday, I wasn't sure if they would go ahead with it or not, so I am going to be able to clear the old microwave, the roaster oven that rusted, a fan, a vacuum, and an old dustbuster out of my garage. I missed it last year and the year before that they did not include the entire township, just the residents of the town, so I seem to have accumulated a lot.

Resale shops are open here (Illinois) and are accepting donations, so I was able to get three bags out, and today I tackled a bit more, but that is only because I accepted a bag of clothing from a dear colleague who wanted to pass some clothing along to me that she had recently purged and I am keeping all but 4 pieces, so I was motivated to make some more room.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got rid of 2 boxes (kettle and iron boxes I was keeping if they weren't right the 1st few months), have had them for awhile don't need the boxes anymore.
3 magazines I need to give away too (need to find someone who might want them as dd doesn't want them anymore).
1 christmas tablecloth the sil's insisted I take from mil's house... I already have enough, will give it to ddil. 1 music cassette to be given away to the thrift shop (also came from mil's house).

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm getting back to decluttering now that the donation centers will be reopening on Friday. :) I went through some items in my room and got rid of a bag of trash. I have a trash bag filled with clothes to give away.

I have two boxes in the garage filled with sporting goods. I've got a few boxes for donations in the basement. They need to be brought up to the garage. I want to go through our mudroom closet and clean that out on Thursday.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had several items in the goodwill box. Both LCs took all but one item. Got rid of vases, towels and a set of plates. Will have to find some more before the end of the month.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It was a very long day of sorting and tossing. I went through the closet in the mudroom and the linen closet today. A bunch of stuff went to the trash. Some is being recycled and the rest is being donated on Friday. The car is packed for the donation center with the newly decluttered closets, items from basement and items that were in the garage. The only thing that I have to wait on are the books. That store is still closed.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have a closet I wish to paint and it has leftover stuff that DS did not want when he moved out so I will get that stuff packed away and ready for donations tomorrow morning. The we can paint the closet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Had an old wood dresser up for sale (no calls whatsoever), so we will be selling mil's house and the young couple wants to keep all her old furniture (they are not rich) and he does woodwork, so I'll be sending the dresser to her house for them. Just hoping dh takes it out this weekend.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sold ds's desk this afternoon, so that's out of the house. Gave ddil a Christmas tablecloth from mil's, a bbq spatula (they needed one and we had 2), and brought back to his house his lawnmower (dh repaired it) as well as an exterior rocking chair that came from mil's house.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Threw out a few boxes this morning and dh tossed a few small things. Reorganized where ds's desk was ... much more airy. will go through the green armoire this week

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I need to get on board with the July Declutter Club.