June Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I didn't get this posted yesterday.
Day 13
2 binders of Sunday School lesson returning to church
2 pillows to DD
3 plastic tealights
1 box of 8 tealights
1 card game
1 bottle of bubble bath
1 pedicure set
I have VBS this week so it will be a challenge to do decluttering but then any day can be a challenge.
Will work on it some more. . .

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 old iphone 6 box and 1 potty toilet box in the recycling.
I cleand my son's old closet today... have tons of stuff NOT back in there, he will have to go through it first and see what he wants to keep and hopefully bring it at his house.
I guess I wasn't in a getting rid of mode today... but I left the stuff out that I wasn't sure about. The day I'll feel like it I,ll go drop it off right away at the thrift store .

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hmm - I just looked at this now.

However, I have two large pieces of bedding and aa bag full of random clothes and things that will go to the Vietnam Vets on Wednesday. I'll consider myself up to date and see what I can do from now on in.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I still have more coming in than going out. Dh is suppose to have stepmoms place cleared out tomorrow. Do not think he will have it done. Kitchen cabinet are full. Bathrooms still have piles of things and any flat surface is stacked with papers. Movers will be bring furniture here.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Try as I might I got on the decluttering the last 3 day but caught up. I also have today's done.
Too many items to list but rest assured that I have decluttered 62 items.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
There will be a lot of decluttering going on once I get back home from DD’s. The dates are getting higher and I will be behind 5 days. But I do like a challenge. I have 2 more closets, the garage and craft room. I thinking of going through my Christmas decorations and paring it down.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
So yesterday we went to dd's to help her pack, she will have less space in her new appartment... soo.... she gave some away, threw out a few things and we brought the rest back here for when she moves next year :(

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well. I haven't done quite a few days ......

1 avocado slicer tool - donate box
2 empty mini pocket notebooks - donate box
3 three bathroom items: soap dish, animal bobby pins set, water pik - donate box
4 old boxes broken down - placed in recycling
5 five items from plastic stacking drawers: old mini box, glitter glue, 2 mouse pads, plastic pencil sharpener
6 packs of 4x6 photo paper - donate box
7 old freebie library kiddie bookmarks - threw away
8 Computer room bin: 6 plastic cd holders, 1 used cd, 1 pen
9 Bathroom Items: 4 expired sample aquaphor, 1 expired 3% hydrogen peroxide bottle, 1 near empty handsoap bottle (poured into another), 1 container of dried wipes, 1 old floss, 1 prescrip bottle
20 wire hangers

Reactions: homemade4me

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I will be giving my nephew 1 board game and another game which I had brought back from dd's last week. He will also take the old world globe.
Got 3 books from dd's given away to a cousin also.
Will bring the lot to my sister when we see her this weekend so she can give it to them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Delivered 1 cheese plate (brand new) + 6 magazines and a cooking book to dniece. all from dd's place. not my decluttering but at least it's not staying in the house too long.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Written at 6:15 am I have been up a while and doing some more decluttering. All I can say is that when the cleaning plans start I will not have to clean closets and drawers. I still have the bedroom closet and drawers, front door closet and garage to do.
2:53 pm I am up to date with the decluttering by date. I have a few drawers and the garage to finish. I am feeling pleased with what I am accomplishing.
165 more items to go....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went through my jewelry and put some items in the donate pile.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I started working on a digital declutter today. My photos are the first stop. I downloaded all photos from my camera. They now have to be organized by month from January 2019 until June 2021. I got June 2021 done. I hope to spend 20 minutes a day on this.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have 25 items
17 bottles of meds and supplements that mom took. I brought it home with me and found the container in the closet. It was suppose to go to drop box and I had forgotten about it.
Also, pulled some games, and decks of card and a puzzle.
Tomorrow will be a hard day as I will be going through some stuff I packed away when I was painting and thought we were selling the house. It will either be easy because I have lived without it for so long or hard due to sentiments tied to them.
But please do not look under the table as that is where I have shoved all the boxes of picture I have to deal with. I'm just not ready to work with them yet. The couch is in front of it so out of site. May happen after I am ready for Christmas. So many are unidentified or I haven't a clue what year. Such is life. I can only do my best. I will get as close as I can to identify the occasion, year and persons. I wonder if people that use the cloud to store pictures have the same issues.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Seeing Jody's post reminded me that when we were at Walgreen's I saw that they have a medicine drop-off box for expired/no-longer-needed medicines. I thought about some of you who are cleaning out houses of deceased loved ones or some of whose medicines may have been changed recently.

Some of you may be aware of it already, but our nearest one is 50 miles away, so I'm seldom in one to know this was available.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
So many are unidentified or I haven't a clue what year. Such is life. I can only do my best. I will get as close as I can to identify the occasion, year and persons. I wonder if people that use the cloud to store pictures have the same issues.
I think any photos that you can label would be better than no labeled photos. I think just the fact that you're attempting to get names and locations is wonderful. Maybe some others in the family with some of that knowledge could help you. I've sat with my mom going through her mother's photos. She would take guesses based on who was in the picture, clothing style, cars in the background, etc. I'll take that over nothing. She is one generation closer than I am and as much as I love history, I didn't live during that time.

I think people who use the cloud have the same issues too. I want to go through this past year's digital photos, delete copies and "rename" the ones that I'm keeping with names and locations. The date is usually in the metadata. I'm thinking about uploading the kept photos (with names and locations in the metadata) to online albums and then sharing the links with my daughters.

I got in a 40 minute session today. I realized that I won't be able to get anything done next week because of family obligations. So I'll just plug away at this whenever I can for the rest of the summer.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Oops! I forget got to post yesterday. I decluttered 26 items from the garage today. Well some of it belongs to the kids and was put aside for them. I should be seeing them soon.
Today will be 27 items from file drawers and I know exactly where I am going to start.:)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Drop off at the thrift store: 2 - 3D puzzles, 15 plastic hangers, 1 pineapple water bottle, 1 plastic mason jar glass.
Drop off at dniece's: last batch of dd's cooking magazines.

Reactions: jampss