June decluttering 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
1st of June is officially the first day of winter here. Time to hunker down and get cozy for the cold days ahead. Also for me the time that I like to get the "heavy"work done before it gets too hot in the summer. I like to do things like move the beds and vacuum under them, you know things like that. I also like to use the time to declutter anything that we have not used over the warmer months. While I am not working I will use the time to get stuck in and see what I can achieve.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great idea Katrina!

Here it will get a bit hot but on days when I need a break I'll declutter some more inside. I have done a tremendous job last year so this year there is less to declutter but more to consider as the 'easy' stuff is out... now the 'harder' stuff to let go.

DD is moving July 1st so she will be taking a few things with her. Afterwards, I will deep-clean her bedroom

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm kind of the same way, except it's the heat that keeps me in during July and August, so I seem to get more done then. My mind is swirling with ideas, I just need to SIT DOWN and do them.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My guest room which is not set up has a few boxes in it.

I went through some this past weekend. It felt SO GOOD to break those boxes down and put them in the recyling bin!

My summer goals are to get that room completley set up and ready for guests and to go through my storage room and go through the boxes and totes in there.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Everyone has great plans. I looked in my cooking cupboard yesterday and I have so many recipes books. Over the weekend I will go through them. Any that I absolutely love I will keep, the ones that have only one or two recipes in, I will write those out and then donate the books. We seem to eat the same things over and over so it might also give me some inspiration!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lots of Sears catalog ending June 20th... in the recycling they go!