June family breakfast plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I took April and May off due to other obligations, but in June we are reviving the tradition! I've decided to use the French Country decor ideas I had for April, since I never did that and my kitchen is (well, sort of) decorated French Country. I am going to use black and white with red and yellow accents, and of course lots of chickens and roosters, sunflowers, etc. I'm going to try to make black and white checked napkins, but may use white ones instead. I also will be using a black tablecloth and white dishes. The food will be pretty much the same as usual, with pancakes, sausage, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy and fresh fruit on the menu. We'll have juice, chocolate milk and coffee as well. I want to use stemless wineglasses for juice glasses...I've been meaning to pick them up at Dollar Tree forever and still haven't gotten over there...maybe this time will be the charm! I love the look of them, but we don't drink wine, so I haven't bought them. Anyway...I digress!

I am using glass carafes for the juices-orange, white grape with peach, and apple. I'll tie a black and white checked ribbon around the neck with a hang tag that identifies each juice. I might do some muffins, if I get real industrious and not too worn out with everything else that week.

Any suggestions? I know the menu is not very French, but it IS very country! We are some biscuit and gravy loving people!! LOL!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yum!!!! There is a French restaurant chain near us - L'Madeloine. It is good. They have unlimited coffee as part of their breakfast. Also sliced french bread, with butter and orange marmelaide. And strawberry jam. They also have a little potato thing that you can order. (All the hot food is a la carte. With unlimited coffee and french bread.) Quiches. Strawberries with cream or liquor. But your menu sounds great as it is! ::eek:rnament:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
What about adding some croissants to your menu Cathmac. You could just buy them from the supermarket rather than make them yourself, and heat them in the microwave. Just a thought.

:flower:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Oh, yes, thanks for the reminder. We have some major croissant lovers in our family...and I meant to add them! I love them warm with butter and strawberry preserves and of course unlimited hot coffee! But then I love anything with butter and unlimited hot coffee! LOL! Thanks girls..keep those hints and ideas coming!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I so wish I lived near Cathymac...............................