June Great Pumpkin Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
What do you have in mind for this month? You can celebrate on the 13th or the 30th this month(or any day in between as far as that goes!)
Does anyone have a yummy caramel or candy corn recipe to share? I picked up some skellie popcorn boxes at Winners and I'd like to fill them with something tasty -maybe for 'Boo' boxes?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My GPD has been put on back burner this month so I have to revive it! I've got to go over lists & start making things. Still missing a few things for the costumes and I want everything (almost) done before September. I do have 2 long weekends coming up (where DH will be working) so I plan to use some of these days to work on crafts.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I would like to do several things for June's Great Pumpkin Day!!!

- Try the bumble bee costume on DS (given to us by a friend) to see how it fits and get an idea if it would work for this Halloween or not ... and just to see how CUTE he'll look! :)

- Test recipe for Cooking Light Chocolate Spiderweb Cookies

- Plan for Halloween camping trip by brainstorming campsite decor ideas and recipes for that weekend

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Oh, how I've missed GPD!! I'm finally back here at MHH and it's been great! I hope this GPD to repair some decorations that have been in the "hospital" in my craft room or in the attic far too long! I've purged my decorations this weekend so it'll be easier to sort and find what I need. I need to find a new cookie recipe to try! Hmmm...maybe the kids and I can watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown together and have some yummy treats. Costumes? Haven't thought about those yet so why not start now? OMG! It's so great to be here!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We're glad you're back orangesforadam! June GPD... don't know yet.. working on costumes would be great...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'll be in Mexico...on vacation but when I get back i need to seriously get my Boo Bash 2010....The Witches Ball.....going with ideas, menu, etc.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
jackfrosty - I have a yummy recipe for Caramel Puffs that I can dig out for you! It is in my favorites binder.

You need a big roasting type pan - makes it much easier when stirring the puffs - none tumble out into the oven that way.

You just buy the plain corn puffs and then cover them with a caramel type sauce and bake - they are addictive but they only stay fresh a couple of days - even in airtight containers...if you are interested I will post. :)