June Rudolph Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
When Rudy Day rolls around on Monday, June 25 we will be six months out from Christmas! That is just a half a year! Did you accomplish your goals for the first six months? What do you have planned for the last half of the year?

I'll admit, my Rudy Days have not been what I had planned. Life gets in the way sometimes. I find though that once I hit the six month mark I am really excited to celebrate Rudy Day.

The Rudolph Day movie will be selected by Happy2bme and will be announced on or around June 25.

The suggested focus for this month is party planning - who will you be entertaining over the holidays? It's also a good time to regroup and work on your master gift list.

What are your plans this month?

Last edited:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks for the reminders, Kim. I have not accomplished much at all during Rudy Days this year :( I am really looking forward to Christmas in July and that is when my preparations really get going - although I have been buying stocking stuffers since last Christmas. (that's something at least).

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I am excited for June"s Rudolph Day as I have gotten nothing acccomplished yet this year. I'd really like to get my card design dedided on and maybe even get a few made. I'd also like to start shopping for some stocking stuffers. Now that we are in a bigger place and are closer to friends and family I would LOVE to have a few gatherings this year!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I can't believe we are ready to hit that six month mark already!!! Which means CIJ is right behind!

I have been doing ok with crafting recently, which is big for us this year because we are working really hard to get our finances in order (doing the Dave Ramsey plan) and minimizing costs within our Christmas budget is a big goal of mine.

Instead of buying ornaments as gifts this year, I'm starting now so I can make all of them. Often from supplies I already have or that cost very little.

I am also signing up for free samples alot and have gotten some really nice ones that I'll use as stocking stuffers. :)

I am planning on having my Wrapping Party again this year. Keeping it small - and this year's theme will be PJs & Presents! The idea is that my girlfriends can come over in PJs, yoga pants, etc. so that we are all comfy while we wrap.

Need to give some thought to menu though.

Lots of crafting left to accomplish this year. Want to improve my use of the freezer to make holiday meals easier on all.

Always learning! Always trying new things!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
me too my CIJ have missed the spot. :(

I plan to schedule my CIJ blog posts this month. I also want to start my crafts.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This Rudy Day I need to update my Gift Closet inventory. I have added a few things over the last couple of months and I'm not sure I have kept a good record. I also need to organize my recipes. They are still in disarray from last year!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
My Christmas plans are a bit up in the air now... Because of the job I started, I could be working from 6pm to midnight on Christmas Day. I won't know until the rosters are released on the first of December.

My mum will definately be working from 6am to 2pm that day, as Christmas is a Tuesday this year. We're both working at the hospital so obviously it's a 24/7 operation. My sister does too though, but she doesn't have set times, so really can't plan anything based on her hours **sigh**

So, I will need to consider options in case I am working. It is likely I will delegate the big family dinner/lunch to someone else anyway as I really don't want to be stressing about it in December.

We might need consider a boxing day brunch instead, and I could host that, as I know my mum doesn't work on Wednesdays, and if I'm working, it won't be until 6pm. Then we can spend Christmas Day at home and I can still plan Christmas Day lunch, but it will just be for myself, my husband and my two girls. Very small in comparison, and I can just plan some finger food type things to make in case people drop in to visit (and they will!)

Lots to consider, and I'll need to speak to some family members to work out what plans they already have in place so we can work out a day/time. I'm preparing myself for the "Sarah, it's JUNE!" remarks though lol!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Happy Rudolph Day!!!!!!!!!!!

We are half way there, can you believe it???!!!

Annie:santa:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy Rudolph day!!

I want to work on my Christmas crochet ornaments today.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Debbie, I love that garland. How cute for a candy theme decor.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh My, doesn't it make you feel like we are behind already!

MaryE

Retire Member
Feb 14, 2012
Richmond, Virginia
I hope you will visit my blog and check out my two Rudy Day posts for June: I'm at http://rudydaynews.blogspot.com. The theme I decided to chat about is "Gingerbread" and oh my there are a lot of fun ideas out there to celebrate Christmas with gingerbread. It makes me what to find my own set of gingerbread dishes! The grandkids would really enjoy it.

I'm now off to put the border on a quilt that will be a Christmas gift. I will then have 2 quilts ready to send to my longarm quilter. My goal is to have them finished by August.

Okay, off to check out the movie!
I hope you are enjoying your day.
Mary in Virginia

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Mary - I love your gingerbread blog posts! I have a tree with crystal ornaments (mostly snowflakes) in my dining room...the rest of the rooms are a hodge podge.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
LOL I must have 50 gingerbread men in my kitchen along with a gingerbread man wreath and cookie jar spoon-rest, stuffed men on 2 shelf's. And peppermint candy everything else.
My family has been giving me gingerbread men ornaments for years.
I want to find one of those 1/2 trees that hang on the wall for my kitchen.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I don't collect gingerbread men, but they do make me smile. That garland is super cute! I'd liked to have a pink and mint green one.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
my dining room is done in gingerbread men. I have a 12 in tree on top of my curio cabinet with weee little men & I am on th ehunt for a few years for place settings. all I have found so far are just brown plates. but am looking for christmas plates. I even have gingerbread man cookie jar. wished I had pics to share. lol

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
mary love the gingerbread theme. i always get some from work every year. cracker barrel always has something new in that. nice blog you have . what part of richmond do you live?