Kids Rooms

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
My little boys have decided they each want their own trees this year, so they'll have the little tabletop trees. I bought a forest of them last year, and that's what I've put in their bathroom, as well. It just has multicolored lights and gold glittered stars.

DS7 wants John Deere, and the ornaments he wants are 4 for about $6 or so...so we'll get one pack of those and fill in with green and gold balls and bows.

DS6 wants a red and white (Go Razorbacks!!) football tree. I have tons of red balls, so we'll add in football shaped ornaments and some white bows. Simple but cute!

zchristy

Santa's Elves
We have flannel Christmas sheets for the kids. Eventually I'd like to get twin size Christmas quilts for their beds but DD's room was just redone in pink (good luck finding Christmas quilt in those shades!) and Ds's will be re-done next year.

And both kids have ceramic moon lights in their rooms. DD's is a white full moon with little ceramic snowmen with santa hats sledding down the hills at the base. DS's is a half moon in blue and has little stars cut out and the base is a tiny town and church all decorated for Christmas.

They hate to part with them, but leaving them up for the winter would really makes them less special. :eek:)

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Pink and chartruese (sp) was quite big for Christmas a couple of years back-you might
be able to find something in those colors. They sound lovely!
I saw a picture of a funky pompom garland that would be neat for the whoville theme for the boys' rooms! I'll have to keep my eyes open for fun colors!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Both DS's have fairly small rooms and haven't expressed an interest in their own trees, tabletop or otherwise. As teens, their idea of decorating is to squish down any big blanket lumps on their beds and pick their pillows off the floor.
DD has a pink tabletop tree. She loves to make decorations for it, but she really wants a bigger tree in her room. She has room for it, so maybe she'll get one some time.

For '08, we're planning to put lights up in their windows, and I'd like to get them flannel sheets. I LOVE the idea of putting a wreath on each kid's door that reflects them somehow! DS15 would be decorated with guitar picks and guitars (or car keys and road maps, as he turns 16 just after Christmas next year!), DS12 would have drums or skateboards, and DD's currently would have pictures of Hannah Montana! We'll have to wait and see what her interests would be this coming Christmas.

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Winter brings Snowflakes to DS8 room. Along with the snowflakes, we decorate a small christmas tree, add lights around the room, and some Christmas decorations like snowglobes and his rudolph the red nosed reindeer stuffed animals. When relatives give him a package with a card or send him a card, those we tape around his door frame. We put a small wreath on his bedroom door and he's got a little mailbox he's made for his Christmas list.
Spring and Summer we put up glow in the dark stars and hang kites from his ceiling! He loves that! (I love it too)
Fall... I've bought leaves to hang from his room.