Kindle Paperwhite

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am seriously considering buying one.

Does anyone have any reviews or thoughts?

Has anyone ever subscribed to Kindle Unlimited?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I don't have a kindle, I have never given it much thought, but I would be interested in hearing what people think of them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a Kindle (old one). I put free Kindle books on it but I use my iPad much more.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
My oldest sister started with the regular Kindle which she gave to me when she upgraded to a newer Kindle, got her Kindle Fire, then got the Paperwhite so she could read outside/at the beach. She loves the Paperwhite the most.

I love it because I get to read all her books since the Kindle she gave me still is on her account, lol. I really need to make more time to read.

I don't know what Kindle Unlimited is though.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm on my third Kindle - gave first one to my son, broke one and now on the paperwhite.

I take it everywhere with me - literally it is always in my purse - and love it. The plus over the ipad is the extended battery life - days as compared to hours.

As for Kindle unlimited - I've been tempted but I simply don't think I'd get my moneys worth. My reading tastes are quite eclectic and some of my books aren't even kindle yet.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have a kindle...one of the originals....the kindle with keyboard. It's super for reading novels, IMO. No glare in the sun and less bright than an led screen. My kids and dh have kindle fires, I prefer reading on my kindle, than their kindles.

I don't have Kindle unlimited, but there are plenty of free books out there. I get an email with daily free or cheap books. I can't remember the exact name, but I can check if you are interested. I do have prime, so that gives me some short term rentals of books, I think.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lisa - if you could check that out for me I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I am going to buy one, just going to watch the price for a little while. They keep lowering & raising it by $20.00.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I ordered it last night, can't wait for it to get here.

I also bought a leather cover, screen protector and the 2 year extended warranty.

Thanks again for all your feedback
. :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
That's great, Nancy,

Have you ever signed up for Kindle Unlimited? Trying to figure out if it is worth it.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My new Kindle arrived in Thursday's mail.

I love it!!!

So glad I finally bought one. I tend to resist technology, so I never thought I would own one.

Silly me! :rolleyes:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Glad that your kindle has arrived. I would be interested in seeing what you think of it after you have had it for a while.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I don't use my kindle often, & I have a couple books on it I haven't even read yet. I do like it, though.
I don't know if I would get my moneys worth from Kindle Unlimited. Maybe if I was retired.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Just a note: I'm currently reading on a Kindle Paperwhite. It's so easy to download books from the library. Most of the books I want to read I need to put a hold on and wait till it's available. No problem, though, as they are usually available faster than I can read the last one. In ways I miss the feel of a book, but the size and convenience far outweigh the nostalgia aspect.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have had my Kindle for a few months now and I love it! Kindle Unlimited has been worth the $9.99 a month that I pay. I have read so many free books. I just found out that I can get the entire Harry Potter series for free, so I am going to reread them this winter.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mel I'm glad you enjoy it! Around here it's mostly Kobo (Kindle doesn't have the same format for ebooks). I too have the nostalgia of paperbooks but I love the ease of using the ereader. I've got so many books downloaded! (mostly in French though). DH says he's tired of seeing me with that thing in hand... as soon as I have 5 minutes I'm on it!