Kitty Litter Cake Recipe and photo

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/ScrappersChallenge/photos/view/dc8d?b=5
I made the famous Kitty Litter Cake this morning for my dh to take to work. Seems no one had any trouble eating it since it was gone by 9 a.m.

There is a recipe online, just search for it. After reading the recipe I decided I wanted to make it using my shortcut way. Anything easy is better, right? I made the cookie crumbs last night so this morning it took me less than 15 minutes to put the cake together.

So here is my Shortcut Kitty Litter Cake Recipe:

Buy two different ready made cakes or breads. I used a banana bread and a cinnamon bread from Wal-Mart, already baked and sliced. Tear them into pieces. Then I used vanilla pudding--8 little pudding cups that I mixed with half a container of Vanilla Cool Whip. Gentle fold the pudding mixture into the torn pieces of cake/bread. Gently put this into a new kitty litter pan that is lined with plastic wrap.

Take a large package of vanilla crème cookies and turn them into crumbs in a food processor. Save 1/4 cup of these crumb and mix with green food coloring. Dump the vanilla crumbs over the top of the cake pudding mixture. Sprinkle with the green crumbs. You'll need about 6 mini tootsie rolls. Heat a few at a time in the microwave about 7 to 10 seconds so you can roll them into the "poop". Make sure to drape one over the edge of the tray.

Notes: I could have used the whole cool whip container. I used a small kitty litter box, if you use a larger one adjust the amount of cake, pudding and cool whip you use. To make the cookie crumbs green I ended up using a lot of food coloring in the food processor. Process just a few cookies at a time so they don't pack down.

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
Oh I knew I had seen this somewhere - thank you for posting it!

I do volunteer work for a humane society and this cake would probably be a big hit at one of our gatherings.