Knife set

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

msmarieh

Retire Member
Jan 6, 2008
(I hope this is the right place to post this question.)

My husband has a beautiful knife collection. Over the years I have added a number of pieces to it, but they are all different stylistically. For instance, one has a sterling silver handle with embedded turquoise and mother of pearl. Another is copper wire wound and has two small horns (like demon horns I suppose). Yet another is a replica of the indiana jones knife and one is a replica of a Star Trek Klingon double blade knife. There's probably 8-12 total (who knows, maybe more, maybe less - they are all tucked away in a closet at the moment).

I would like to find a nice way to display them that would make all the disparate styles look nice. I was thinking of putting each one in a black shadow box with black velvet lining. I picked up a few on sale and am ready to try it, but I am kind of stymied.

How do I attach the knife to the shadow box? Do I drill small holes in the back and then use wire (kind of like twist ties) to hold it in place? How would you put them in the shadow box?

Is there a better way anyone can think of to display them?

Thanks for helping me with this challenge!

Marie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yes, that's how I did my shadow boxes. I used twist ties. They work great. Be careful when you drill the holes in the back of the shadow box, you don't want to drill into a table. Good luck. You have an excellent idea and he will enjoy his collection.