Last Christmas party of 2007 or first of 2008?!?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
We are having a get-together tonight with friends. I decided that since my Christmas is ALL still up I would just continue the Christmas theme! Plus, these friend never made it over to see us during the "traditional holidays"...
I have the table set with Christmas dishes and linens...Christmas music will be playing and am even thinking of wearing Christmas t-shirt...If the weather remains like it is we may be moving it all outside! South Texas - high today of 78!
Just too much fun - or an excuse to continue to NOT have to put away the beauties of Christmas!
Merry Christmas from my house to yours!
:package:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
:pink:

If I went into someone's home for dinner, and it was set up for Christmas, I would be HAPPY!! To enjoy Christmas things, when I wasn't tired or rushed, would be great!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Your party does sound nice. I finally put my Christmas dishes away today.( Brought a glass plate at Hallmark for 50% off with Santa and reindeer this a.m.. I knew I should of just kept walking because I hit the 2 places that I wanted to already BUT....... this BIG 1/2 off sign sucked me right in.) And tonight the last of the totes should get organized and moved out and the furniture back in place. But, I would get it all back out in a heartbeat. Tom. we have to get the outside stuff down.

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
We had a GREAT time! Our friends were so glad that they got to see the house. Guess I'll begin taking it all down so that it is all put away by next weekend.
I just LOVE Chritsmas!
Can I put it all back up for July 25??? hahaahaha! :santalol:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Glad you had a good time, campncook!

I say, sure put it back up!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
:skate:
Sunday afternoon, I got an impromptu invitation to dinner from an old friend. When I arrived, she said "Surprise!!! This is our Christmas/New Year's Dinner. We were away for two weeks having Christmas at relatives house in another state. But we love the left-overs -- so we HAVE to have our own Chistmas dinner. Plus we love black-eyed peas with ham for New Years - so we have thaat too!"

The music from "Charlie Browns'Christmas was playing" - which is lovely instrumental music. I hadn't heard it before. It's not "too Chrismassy!" But great,

And she had turkey with TWO kinds of gravy - regular and a sausage cream gravy. Stuffing, cranbrry sauce, green beans with almonds, tiny heavenly biscuits with butter. We all ate two big plates of food. And had a choice of pumpkin pie or pumpkin pie on shortbread crust with rich vanilla ice cream. Oh, and the black eyed peas with lots of good ham cooked with them.

She had lots of Christmas lights on outside, and her house looked wonderful on that dark, rainy night! Very welcoming.

It was a fantastic dinner. Why do we try to do other menus for dinner parties when the Christmas dinner is the best! (IMHO).

This was a wonderful surprise. It made me think that during the cold dark winter, we could put together a Christmas dinner for special friends. Maybe for friends we love, but never celebrate with on Christmas Day. We could do a modified menu -with just enough of the rich items. And we wouldn't have to TELL them it was a Christmas dinner - we could keeep that secret in our own hearts.

So many ways to keep the Christmas spirit alive all year! So great to be on this board!

I will be hosting another Cousins Dinner for Christmas in July so we can draw secret santa names. I think the aunts and uncles want in on this too this year so it might be a big Family Christmas in July instead of Cousins Christmas in July...lol.

I guess we will all discuss it for Easter and decide from there!!!

Anyway I host it at my grandfathers and he keeps his tree in the Florida room with a bag over it so I just might take it out of the bag and place "gift boxes" with the secret santa names underneath!!! OR better yet gift tags since SOME people forgot who to buy for!!!

Now I have to find gift tags to print out, any good site suggestions??? I know jackfrosty will post one ASAP :haha: