Last night

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

3-Little-Elves

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
I just bought the kiddos a tree for the toy room. Dh actually asked if we could set it up today--I was shocked. :package:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Sounds very pretty ... and festive! :skate:

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
I have a "seasonal" tree. Currently it has fall leaves tucked into the evergreen branches, pheasant feathers polked in here & there and a scarecrow tucked in looking out. White lights, a fake jack-o-lantern on a bed of leaves at the base of the tree. A couple of bigger scarecrows lounging against small hay bales next to the tree and then a small rake that I found at a thrift store,(about 2.5ft tall), propped against the tree....kinda like you've been raking.

Lotsa cinnamon/apple candles burning nearby....kinda fall-like. :jack:

The tree will transition closer to Halloween....with witches, ghosts & goblins!

Seasonal trees??!!!

I would NEVER in a thousand years thought of a seasonal tree :confused: .

Wreaths for the door, table arrangments, balcony/garden decorations, yes, but a tree?! Thought those were restricted to Xmas. Obviously not. What a great idea. Would love to see some pictures for inspiration and obviously here more about it...

So gold leaves, feathers, scarecrows, mini pumpkins, rakes. What else? Apples perhaps? - An autumn tree. Good idea... keep them coming! Need to know more!

T. n' S.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
We set up our trees Nov.1st.
Dh is at a Christmas meeting for work today. They meet and talk about all the new up coming Christmas products, CD's , and goals for the holidays. They also get to sample everything coming out. Needless to say he loves these meetings.
:package:

patteemom said:
Dh is at a Christmas meeting for work today. They meet and talk about all the new up coming Christmas products, CD's , and goals for the holidays. They also get to sample everything coming out. Needless to say he loves these meetings.

Sounds like I'd like his job! Curious - what does he do then? Is he in marketing or something? Lucky guy! And of course, you get to sample too right? It's fun to hear about a bloke "into" Christmas - mine is such a non-Christmas person (thinks its overated, commercial, and a million other things!) but I try not to let it dampen my spirit! Now I have a DD aged 4.5 I've got great excuses to go OTT now!

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Tinsel and Spice said:
patteemom said:

Sounds like I'd like his job! Curious - what does he do then? Is he in marketing or something? Lucky guy! And of course, you get to sample too right? It's fun to hear about a bloke "into" Christmas - mine is such a non-Christmas person (thinks its overated, commercial, and a million other things!) but I try not to let it dampen my spirit! Now I have a DD aged 4.5 I've got great excuses to go OTT now!

He works for Starbuck's.

Starbucks! :D Brilliant! Of course they do Christmas. A couple of years back I bought little mug/coffee sets from them to give DD's teachers. Then you are doubly lucky! Starbucks is slowly seeping into Germany we have 4 in our own already (that I know of)! A little bit on the pricy side, but delicious. We don't get all the American products and flavours though. Germanys aren't too much in to experiments with coffee, and last year on OC i read about all these Xmas flavours. We didn't get any of them over here :frown: But I proudly own a mug from Starbucks Kuwait! Not too many have that now, I'm sure.

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
Tinsel and Spice said:
Starbucks! :D Brilliant! Of course they do Christmas. A couple of years back I bought little mug/coffee sets from them to give DD's teachers. Then you are doubly lucky! Starbucks is slowly seeping into Germany we have 4 in our own already (that I know of)! A little bit on the pricy side, but delicious. We don't get all the American products and flavours though. Germanys aren't too much in to experiments with coffee, and last year on OC i read about all these Xmas flavours. We didn't get any of them over here :frown: But I proudly own a mug from Starbucks Kuwait! Not too many have that now, I'm sure.

I wasn't a coffee person until 12 years ago when my sil gave my my first latte, I fell in love. Now we go through a pound of Starbuck's coffee a week. Dh like it black to taste all the differences in the types of coffee. I like flavors and creamer. You can create some of those holiday flavors at home. The peppermint mocha is a hard one to copy, but the others you can come close to recreating. I like a dirty egg nogg chai latte. Okay that is just a combo of egg nogg, coffee, and chai latte (chai tea with milk).
Just listened to the new Starbuck's Christmas CD. It is relaxing, low key Christmas music. For me it is that background music where you want words to the song but you don't want to be hyper. Do you know what I'm talking about?

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I like a dirty egg nogg chai latte. Okay that is just a combo of egg nogg, coffee, and chai latte (chai tea with milk).
O..M...G...! I NEED to have one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thud:
I put up a halloween tree this year and I was so happy when DS7 came home from school with a film canister spider! His little pipe cleaner legs look so cute wrapped around the branches!