Leap Year

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
ANyone have any fun ideas to celebrate Leap Year this year?

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
I'm the coordinator for Box Tops collections at my son's school. For those outside the U.S. Box Tops are little collectible cardboard squares found on food & household items. They are worth .10 each & the school collects & sends them in for a check from the company that runs the program. It is basically a fundraiser, but you don't have to sell anything;o) We are having a contest & the class that brings in the most Box Tops will win a Leap Day cupcake party. So I am making cupcakes for Leap Day! lol. I am going with a frog theme to go with "leap". At home I have "time capsules" (just brown manila envelopes) for each of my kids. We put in a list of favorites....pictures they recently drew, samples of their handwriting, photos of them & their rooms. My daughter is excited to open her envelope. This will be the 4th time she has done this. The 1st time she was only 2! I keep all the previous years photos & papers in the envelope so it is truly a walk down memory lane. My boys haven't remembered the envelopes yet, but they will have fun when the day rolls around. Leap Day is also my dad's birthday...he will be 76 years old, but it will only be his 19th birthday.

Bren

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Oh, this week I found what we had done 4 years ago... I don't remember where we found it but it was a list where you filled out the price of gas, favorite movies, colors, who is prime minister, etc.... me & dd had filled out our sheets but the boys hadn't. We could do this again this year and put it all together.

Bren - great ideas

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Gosh those are all cute ideas! My son was almost born on Leap day in 1980, I remember the nurses were joking with me about it, but he waited until March 1st..so every 4 years he really felt he had to wait an extra day for his birthday-lol...

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Great ideas! I'll have to find (or make) a list of questions, etc. The boys probably wont appreciate it much this year...but in 2016 they might think it's cool to open again.