LED Tree lights?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just curious -- how many of you use LED lights for your trees, and what type?

I see that they're supposed to last a lot longer, burn much cooler and save energy to boot.

I just bought 200 multicolored, faceted C7 bulbs for our tree. They're shaped more like the old style Christmas tree lights from my childhood. I know it's not enough lights to do a 7 foot tree, but I thought I'd layer in my regular mini lights from the last few years. Then, if I like the LED's, I could buy more next year.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We will use a combination of large and small muli-coloured LED lights (our tree is about 8 ft - live). My husband really loves them and he won't bug me to turn off the lights because "the tree will dry out" :huh: from the heat of the bulbs!

Its a win win! :grin:

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
we also use the bigger LED multi lights for our inside tree and love them for the safety reasons. Not too into using them outside though, they just give off a different color.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
We bought the outside ones and I've never been that happy with them. We were told they looked more like Halloween than Christmas lights(ghostly glow!) Now you can buy Warm White -I haven't seen them yet but they are supposed to look a little bit more natural.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just started stringing the new LED lights on our family room tree -- size c6. Larger than my little regular Christmas lights but smaller than the 'big' ones. Not sure if I like them yet, though.

Has anyone mixed LEDs with regular lights, or do the colors/coolness of the LED colors fight too much with the regular lights, if you know what I mean?

I still have to play with these lights a bit. Because the colors are bright and the bulbs are bigger, I won't need nearly as many lights on my tree this year.