Left over Turkey

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
Just finished making Turkey Tetrazzini, it's baking in the oven as I post, we love it but only have it about once a year, if there is enough turkey left over. During the year we have with with chicken instead of turkey so it will be a treat today. What are you favorite left over turkey dishes?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have a ton of turkey left over since we didn't really eat any because we were sick. I have no clue what to do with it.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Could you share the recipe for the turkey tetrazzini please? I love pasta and cheese.

Belles

Retire Member
1/2 c BUTTER
1/8 ts PEPPER
1/2 c CANED SICED MUSHROOMS
8 oz PACK OF PASTA, 1/3 CUP CHOPPED GREEN PEPPERS, COOK TOGETHER AND DRAIN
1/4 c FLOUR
3 c SHREDDED TURKEY
2 1/4 c CHICKEN / TURKEY BROTH
1 c LIGHT CR.OR EVAP.MILK
1 c SHREDDED SHARP CHEDDAR, PROVOLONE, MOZZARELLA, SHREDDED PARMESAN
1 ts SALT

COOK SPAGHETTI PASTA WITH GREEN PEPPERS, DRAIN AND SET TO SIDE

MELT BUTTER IN SKILLET AND ADD MUSHROOMS AND COOK FOR 2 MINUTES. ADD
FLOUR, 2 CUPS BROTH, CREAM, SALT, PEPPER. COOK OVER LOW HEAT,STIRRING UNTIL
THICKENED.

BUTTER A 2 QUART CASSOROE DISH AND PUT DOWN A LAYER OF NOODLES
COVER NOODLES WITH 1/2 OF TURKEY AND THEN 1/2 OF MUSHROOM SAUCE
COVER THIS LAYER WITH CHEESES OF CHOICE AND THEN REPEAT LAYERS STARTING WITH NOODLES AND ENDING WITH CHEESE
POUR THE REMAINING BROTH OVER THE CASSOROLE
BAKE IN 400 DEG. OVEN FOR 20 MINUTES OR UNTIL HOT AND BUBBLY.

**IF YOU'VE NEVER REALLY COOKED WITH A ROUX OR MADE HOMEMADE CREAMS YOU CAN USE A CAN OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP AND SKIP THE MUSHROOM CREAM MIXATURE.

**I'M A CHEESE LOVER SO I JUST LISTED SOME OF MY FAVORITES TO USE, YOU CAN USE YOUR FAVORITE AND THE AMOUNT CAN VARY, AS LITTLE OR MUCH AS YOU WANT.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
That sounds good....can you use any kind of pasta? I'm thinking you just planned dinner for me tonight, lol

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh good, I have spaghetti in. Thanks!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have a ton of turkey left over since we didn't really eat any because we were sick. I have no clue what to do with it.

You can always freeze some of it to use later this winter. I have done that in the past. Other dishes we have used turkey for: grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches, turkey and veggie soup, instead of making chicken and potpie I use turkey in place of the chicken. Same thing for chicken bake (recipe on back of stove top stuffing box) use turkey instead of chicken.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thanks Belles! Do you think I could leave out the mushrooms? None of us like them. hehe

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We like to make a Green Bean Casserole and add chunks of turkey and a couple of different kinds of cheeses to it - very yummy one dish meal!!!

Turkey Pot Pies are also a good way to use up leftovers.

I froze most of what was left to use later in dishes like these. :)