Leftover Ham...what do you make with it?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Hi,

I'm looking for ideas for our leftover ham. I usually do hot ham and cheese sandwiches, sometimes we grill it and have it with cheesy scalloped potatoes. I'll make ham pot pie with the meat I put in the freezer.

Any other ideas?

Lisa

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do those and I'll add:
Swedish Yellow Pea Soup
Monte Crisco Sandwiches

After that there isn't any leftovers.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We use my Kitchen Aid grinder attachment to grind up some of the leftover ham and then DH adds mayo or Miracle Whip, mustard, onion, etc. to taste to make Ham Salad for his lunches. That is one of his favorites!

I save the ham bone and some of the meat back to freeze and use for ham and bean soup at some point in the future.

Ham is great addition to breakfast omelets or even kieche.

If you have a good baked potato soup recipe, ham chunks add to it really well.

Fry up small slices of ham and layer them on toasted English muffins with a slice of cheese and some eggs (cooked in desired style) to make your own version of a McDonalds Egg McMuffin.

Ham also is a good pizza topping. Save some chunks in a freezer bag and pull out as needed to beef up a store bought pizza.

BTW - If you have access to Aldi there is an awesome pizza there - the fresh kind you take home and bake - that we just tried this weekend. It is a 16" - but I'm really not sure about those measurements because it was SO big it wouldn't fit on our oven rack. We had to fold up the sides a bit.

A cheese pizza is $5 and one with toppings is only $1 more. And they are YUM-OH!

I bought two and we only used one this weekend for some Saturday guests - so now I will freeze the other and plan on using some of our leftover ham as toppings when the time comes.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Great ideas! We love Ham Salad, but I've never attempted it myself. The deli near my parent's home makes the best. Thanks for that memory jog...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I always do split pea soup.

Or- a big pot of pinto beans with pieces of ham and then cornbread on the side!

Or- brocolli and cheese soup with ham!

Annie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh yea, I forgot about Ham Salad. I have that same attachment. tfs

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Good ideas here. We have lots of leftover ham too. I'm looking at the Ham Tetrazzini Recipe that's on the front page of Allrecipes.com. That's sounding pretty good!

Can't believe I let DH pitch the ham hock from last night. I was tired and wanted to go to bed. Normally I use the ham hock as the base for Portugese Bean Soup. (Bangs head against wall).

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Ham and cheddar biscuits... just make any biscuit recipe and add in shredded cheddar cheese and finely diced ham.

Crescent (croissant) wraps. before your roll them up to bake add a slice of your favorite cheese and some ham, roll up and bake. Serve with dipping mustard sauce.